Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-27-2023, 02:09 AM
Planar Protector

Question Farming str gear while leveling?

My high elf paladin was born encumbered. On red server, so prices are kinda ridiculous and there are fewer opportunities overall. I know yaulp is helpful and I will be using that regularly, but that's only 10str until whatever level yaulp II is.

I think at level 10? or 100% by 20 my Ghoulbane will be better than my Springwood Club, and swapping these will lose me 5str with the sword being heavier, too lol. Trying to get some jewelry but it seems expensive and people are like "i got hp rings or resists" :P

Really hoping I don't have to do more mindless plat grinding on my druid. Paladin got some sorta decent gear (all Deepwater but legs and chest) but now I want her to fend for herself going forward if possible. I do have Hero Bracers already, but basically no other str stuff. Completely solo obviously, bc red.
Old 02-27-2023, 03:19 AM
Planar Protector

Choose gear by subtracting weight from strength?

Does your druid trade skill? There are some velium fur capes that add str and of course jewellery. Cobalt drake hide armour also includes some str iirc.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Category:Paladin_Equipment

Choose a non visible slot. Sort first by weight (lowest first) then sort by str (highest first).

Blackburrow includes a couple of good newbie str gears (spiked collar and pads).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 02-27-2023, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

As JimJam said, you basically just want gear with a high strength to weight ratio that still has decent AC. Some suggestions that should be fairly cheap and easy to come by: Crystal Chitin gauntlets, Tree Weave, Lodizal Shell Boots, any of the various Dragonspine Velious arms, Sebilite scale leggings, chipped velium amulet, seahorse spine bracelet.
Old 02-28-2023, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As JimJam said, you basically just want gear with a high strength to weight ratio that still has decent AC. Some suggestions that should be fairly cheap and easy to come by: Crystal Chitin gauntlets, Tree Weave, Lodizal Shell Boots, any of the various Dragonspine Velious arms, Sebilite scale leggings, chipped velium amulet, seahorse spine bracelet.
Good items but you'll need a few pals to help acquiring some of them.
Old 03-26-2023, 01:39 PM
Kobold

Freeing the Male High Elf slave in Crushbone and returning his letter gets you a silver +str ring

Aforementioned Blackburrow spiked shoulder pads and collar

A bit higher level, Unrest has str chain boots, Jagged Bands, and bloodstained mantle
Cougar Earrings from velious cougars

Weight reduction bags (Kerra Isle quest, Shralok orc drop in Kithicor, Guk drop, handmade backpacks ofc)

Weirdly, +agi improves encumbered run speed (idk the mechanics but I can see it work carrying 300lbs of ore out of permafrost) so something like the Cat O Nine Tails whip from Kerra Isle can help you keep moving when overweight
Old 05-17-2023, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

I Love how EQ has always been a game of fractions.
Proc an agi whip, cast yaulp.Keep on swimming, keep on swimming.
Fucking gold.
Old 05-17-2023, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Alice +FP =?