Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-13-2023, 03:28 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasherprog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Downclocking from 4.5 to 4.2 will be a 1 or 2% decrease in maximum perf. For regular everyday work there us no measurable impact.
The main issue I've run into is it's causing havoc with the clock in Windows. It constantly runs fast when it's underclocked. In order to RDP into work I have to manually hit sync, otherwise security measures don't like the 7+ minute difference that I end up with.

I'm also not getting the boost to 5.7 that I normally would.
Old 03-14-2023, 05:39 PM
Large Bat

I built a new PC a few weeks ago with a Ryzen 7950x3d. Never had an issue with P99 on it or my old 5950x. I don't have to downclock or anything.

I'm boosting to 5.3 while the game is running no problem. It's got to be something else, not just an AMD problem.
Old 03-24-2023, 02:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipxavier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I built a new PC a few weeks ago with a Ryzen 7950x3d. Never had an issue with P99 on it or my old 5950x. I don't have to downclock or anything.

I'm boosting to 5.3 while the game is running no problem. It's got to be something else, not just an AMD problem.
im using a 7900x and im having this issue, 7900x on a ROG STRIX B650E-F with DDR5 6000 CL36
Old 03-24-2023, 09:04 PM
Large Bat

Default Update

I was able to "resolve" the issue by downclocking my 7950x by a few hundred megahertz. However this issue only seems to happen when trying to log into p1999. The other custom servers work fine. This leads me to believe its some sort of antihack type software that only p1999 uses? Not sure.

Hope it gets fixed, because underclocking my system causes instability in other applications, and having to reboot and change clocks every time I want to play a game is super inconvenient.
Old 03-25-2023, 09:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by corymaloy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was able to "resolve" the issue by downclocking my 7950x by a few hundred megahertz. However this issue only seems to happen when trying to log into p1999. The other custom servers work fine. This leads me to believe its some sort of antihack type software that only p1999 uses? Not sure.

Hope it gets fixed, because underclocking my system causes instability in other applications, and having to reboot and change clocks every time I want to play a game is super inconvenient.
im hoping something changes. as people get new pc's they wont beable to play p99!? seems depressing lol
Old 03-25-2023, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloroform [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im hoping something changes. as people get new pc's they wont beable to play p99!? seems depressing lol
I mean maybe 25 years is enough playing a glitchy, unbalanced, unlicensed virtual dnd rip off?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 03-28-2023, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

I’m still having this issue. Anyone figure out what the culprit is?
Old 03-29-2023, 10:34 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipxavier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So the 7950x3D base clock is 4200. That is why you are able to play P99 out of the box with no issues. Whereas the 7950x base clock is 4500. For some reason the newer AMD chips seem to like the base clock to be divisible by 6 otherwise they will trigger the anti cheat on the server side which will immediately boot you.
Old 03-29-2023, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Just wanting to throw this out here in case no one has tried it. After being at my wits end trying to figure out what was going on with all the crashing and login issues, I decided to connect to the internet via my iPhones hot spot. This immediately fixed the problem and I’ve been crash free and login issue free since making the switch.

The reason I never considered it to be a network issue is that ive had the same internet for quite some time and the game has run just fine. It wasn’t until here recently that I simply could not zone or login without a 95% change of failure.
Old 04-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just wanting to throw this out here in case no one has tried it. After being at my wits end trying to figure out what was going on with all the crashing and login issues, I decided to connect to the internet via my iPhones hot spot. This immediately fixed the problem and I’ve been crash free and login issue free since making the switch.

The reason I never considered it to be a network issue is that ive had the same internet for quite some time and the game has run just fine. It wasn’t until here recently that I simply could not zone or login without a 95% change of failure.
this sounds like a different issue and resolve. this thread is focusing in on the issues that newer CPUs are running into.

it seems that AMD CPUs over 4.2ghz base clock speed cant get into character select. sometimes throwing up the 1017 error.

im at 4.7ghz *amd* and i cannot get passed character select.

solution but super terrible and depressing, unretire my older machine OR run the game in a Virtual Machine limiting that processor to 4.0ghz.

Now running p99 in my VM i have hella issues with frame rate. game is running like garbage. time to spend time figuring out how to make the VM smooth like butter