Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 03-09-2023, 06:21 PM
Skeleton

Default Any linux file path fixes for Zliz / Similar programs?

I play on Steam Deck (Proton Linux), and most of the exe's run just fine with compatibility mode.

But while they load, they seem to break when pulling file paths generally made for windows.

Curious if there's another similar log reading tool out there, or a workaround someone may know of?
Old 03-10-2023, 12:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleyld [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play on Steam Deck (Proton Linux), and most of the exe's run just fine with compatibility mode.

But while they load, they seem to break when pulling file paths generally made for windows.

Curious if there's another similar log reading tool out there, or a workaround someone may know of?
vi

use it to read logs in linux

yw
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Old 03-10-2023, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Oh dear, referring a noob to vi ... without at least explaining some basics like :q! ... is kind of cruel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But in all seriousness, OP you might want to try the command nano first. It's another command line text-editor that's a bit more friendly than vi, but I don't know if it comes preinstalled on Steam Decks.

You could also use the commands cat, which will just output the entire log file to the command line, or tail, which will only output the end of it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-19-2023, 03:30 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh dear, referring a noob to vi ... without at least explaining some basics like :q! ... is kind of cruel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But in all seriousness, OP you might want to try the command nano first. It's another command line text-editor that's a bit more friendly than vi, but I don't know if it comes preinstalled on Steam Decks.

You could also use the commands cat, which will just output the entire log file to the command line, or tail, which will only output the end of it.
Lol thanks for a serious response - also saw yours on the other thread, but I forgot these forums don’t email gmail right, so never got a notification, rip.

So the parsing of the log isn’t really the problem, sorry for the misunderstanding; so things like nano/vi aren’t going to be the solution here (and luckily I’m familiar with them as a BE dev like I mentioned in separate thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

The real issue is instead Zilz pre-pends ALL log file paths with ‘C:/‘, effectively “breaking” the path. Some way to trick the application, or just tweak the file path code, that allows it to look under ‘~/‘.

The reference to log reading tool was to emphasis a LEGAL application like Zilz.
Old 03-21-2023, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Are you looking for (essentially) GINA for Linux? There's https://github.com/mgeitz/eqalert

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-21-2023, 01:56 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you looking for (essentially) GINA for Linux? There's https://github.com/mgeitz/eqalert
This could work, thank you!
For clarify - it's not what I was originally looking for, but has more and similar tools that can work.

Instead, I was looking more for a fix that lets http://www.zlizeq.com/ZlizEQ_Projects-ZlizEQMap work on linux. Ideally just a map overlay, that read pos data. But Zliz just can't handle a linux filepath.

Seems like EQAlert would work - it doesn't have a map itself but does have additional information and positional data.
Old 04-07-2023, 06:11 AM
Large Bat

If u can get java running you could try https://github.com/mknblch/kasimaps
Old 05-30-2023, 05:06 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Has anyone got zliz-eqmap to work on WINE/Proton?

I'm also trying to run this on a Steam Deck but getting filepath errors when running the zlib exe emulated.
Old 10-26-2023, 11:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Any update on this? I'm running into the same issue on Steam Deck. Looking at the exception error message, it looks like ZlizEQMap doubles the file path to the file. For example, if the path is:

Z:\EQ\eqlog.txt

Then ZlizEQMap doubles the directory path when trying to read the file, like this:

Z:\EQ\Z:\EQ\eqlog.txt
Last edited by robite234; 10-27-2023 at 12:18 AM..
Old 10-27-2023, 02:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Update: EQ GPS (from https://klathsoft.com/) works great on Linux / Steam Deck and the additional maps from ZlizEQMap can be copied to EQ GPS. Problem solved.
Last edited by robite234; 10-27-2023 at 02:54 PM..