Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 03-26-2023, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Omg no x teaming!

I didn’t spend good time on vallon or tallon in 1999 to 2001 so I’m talking out of my butt anyways.

Regarding class for the new server, either something terrible like a warrior or something smart like a Druid will be my pick.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-27-2023, 05:26 AM
Aviak

my biggest gripe about any of these "official" TLP servers is the lack of effort on their part to actually make a legitimate progression server.

to me, a real progression server would start out at true classic, with true classic textures, having to click the meditate button in the book up until level 35, having all the planes of power books completely scraped from the game (not just having them not work but show them) etc.

it feels like a low effort custom drug box that they in return want you to pay 10$ a month for, what the hell? if you want my money then deliver a true progression experience, not some shanky ass emulator that anyone that spin up in 20 minutes of time downloading the peq db and then just locking some zones.
Old 03-28-2023, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

We’d all be paying them if they really rolled back the game to 1999. That’s why people complaining here too much have problems. Live eq isn’t half as classic as this and has no plans to do so. They’d be reading through nilbogs patch notes to show
Em what to fix
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-03-2023, 06:02 AM
Fire Giant

If they did launch a PvP TLP, necros would be hilariously unbalanced. On TLPs, necros get Ebolt at 50 instead of 51, meaning they get it in classic, and it's a 3 sec cast with more than double its original damage. All their other dots also follow that trend. Lifetaps have also had their cast times cut in half, and in many cases their damage has also been increased considerably. Drain Soul is a 400pt lifetap with a 3 sec cast time instead of 300pt @ 6 secs. Basically, necro damage output has almost tripled, as has their sustain. Coupled with the fact that pets zone with you and are always summoned at max level, and the fact that you get to freely use ShowEQ to avoid any fight where you're outnumbered, it would just be hilariously broken. I almost hope they do launch a PvP TLP just so I can shit directly into the mouths of a bunch of plebs. I think there's actually some chance that they might eventually do it just to get people on the official forums to shut up about it, and we all know they won't roll back these changes.
Last edited by greatdane; 04-03-2023 at 06:06 AM..
Old 04-03-2023, 08:03 AM
Planar Protector

I agree tlp pvp is a bad idea. Would rather they implement:

Kill and quest tagging and loot out of group as well as exp divided among all players that tag a mob. Basically get rid of groups entirely except for communication/organization/instance purposes.

Two box limit and strict enforcement of zero automation and unattended game play.

A server that unlocks from classic to PoR at one expansion every 1.5 years. Afterwards all expansions unlock and it becomes a normal server.

Add three more currencies beyond plat to the base game... multiples of 10 and 100 and 1000 plat. Or just make plat baseline and replace copper silver and gold with higher value currency. Allow access to the tribute system everywhere. And allow players to cast buffs on spell scrolls that cost money.
Old 04-03-2023, 09:03 AM
Fire Giant

Any kind of boxing would be cancerous for PvP, and that's another reason a PvP TLP server couldn't work. Daybreak obviously wants boxers because it brings in more money, but boxing in PvP is the biggest shitshow. Everyone's gonna have a pocket cleric, which means every fight is cleric+X vs. cleric+Z. That in turn means casters become unplayable because no caster has enough mana to kill anyone who has a cleric spamming heals on them. That then means that all PvP will consist of two people both beating on each other's clerics, and inevitably that means two clerics running around in circles while their melee mains just stand there like idiots.