Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2022, 09:17 AM
Banned

People had to be more careful about horses!

That and People have no idea how their vehicles work nowadays.

Cars should be limited to a top speed of 10mph and really People who aren't disabled should just walk. Highways can be for commercial use only. Gg.
Old 02-11-2022, 11:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any sources other than CNN for this?
The harder the government tries to tax corporations and people, the harder they will try to legally avoid it

I’ve been predicting that this will happen for decades now

Whining about it to CNN journalists isn’t going to fix it, finding a way to change the tax law might. But good luck

“The U.S. Code is a consolidation and codification by subject matter of the general and permanent laws of the United States, and is produced in a Main Edition every six years. The 2018 Main Edition is approximately 60,000 pages encompassing 54 volumes, and is prepared by the Office of the Law Revision Counsel”

When your law takes 60,000 pages to describe, it’s needlessly complex. That’s probably part of the problem
Old 02-11-2022, 11:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The harder the government tries to tax corporations and people, the harder they will try to legally avoid it

I’ve been predicting that this will happen for decades now

Whining about it to CNN journalists isn’t going to fix it, finding a way to change the tax law might. But good luck

“The U.S. Code is a consolidation and codification by subject matter of the general and permanent laws of the United States, and is produced in a Main Edition every six years. The 2018 Main Edition is approximately 60,000 pages encompassing 54 volumes, and is prepared by the Office of the Law Revision Counsel”

When your law takes 60,000 pages to describe, it’s needlessly complex. That’s probably part of the problem
I totally agree. It also is designed to screw people without an army of lawywers it doesn't hurt musk that much it hurts you and me and my lil family pizzeria with home made goat cheeses.
Old 02-11-2022, 11:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I totally agree. It also is designed to screw people without an army of lawywers it doesn't hurt musk that much it hurts you and me and my lil family pizzeria with home made goat cheeses.
And it’s getting close to tax season which basically goes like this:

Government: show us what you paid

Me: don’t you already know?

Government: of course we already know, that’s how we know to audit you if you are wrong. But show us anyway

Me: but it’s complicated

Government: than pay someone to show us, we don’t care
Old 02-11-2022, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Self-driving cars would provide a greater benefit to society than any pizza restaurant.

Up to you if 'fairness' is better than doing your nails while bombing through Mojave at 120mph.

Simplifying the tax code is weaselspeak for cutting support for R&D and innovation, in favor of revenue now.
Old 02-11-2022, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Self-driving cars would provide a greater benefit to society than any pizza restaurant.

Up to you if 'fairness' is better than doing your nails while bombing through Mojave at 120mph.

Simplifying the tax code is weaselspeak for cutting support for R&D and innovation, in favor of revenue now.
Most innovations come from unpaid/under paid patent clerks stealing other ppls ideas.

Government R&D means == classified u never get a penny back.
Old 02-11-2022, 12:19 PM
Banned

Our forefathers knew whats up
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 02-11-2022, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paddle-transmissions are bad enough, now. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2022, 12:24 PM
Banned

Ya I get what riewa is trying to say in theory about self driving cars. In practice it's not helpful right now we need to fix the ppl / attitude/ brain computer interface or ID10T problems first.

Lots of wholey unacceptable behavior going on that every one ignores cuz their scared of the government. And the government ain't going to do shit about it.
Old 02-11-2022, 12:25 PM
Banned

Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Closed Thread