Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 08:50 AM
Sarnak

Default OOT Backwards

this has been bugging me for a while because i remember it a different way

as i remember boat gos from freeport stops at sister iland then passes cyclops iland stops at another iland close to BB passes through some rocks then zones to BB

so i decided to check http://www.eqmacwiki.com/eqatlas/oot.html

am i right in thinking the whole OOT zone is in backwards on P1999
Old 09-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Kobold

I swear I have been wondering the same thing since I started playing P99.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Large Rat

Backwards? or backwards from the original backwards?

Quote from the original post's link:

Quote:
Travelling To and From Ocean Of Tears

The map is very confusing, mostly because I think Verant was confused when they set up this area. According to the geography of Norrath, Faydwer lies to the southeast of Antonica. On this map, you go west from Antonica to get to Faydwer. Don't ask me to explain, that's just the way it is.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Kobold

My first time in OOT was to buy a few magi spells, I hit the first dock thinking it was sisters, because I had came from Freeport. I swam the direction AC island should have been, of course it wasn't there. I remember wading through water for about an hour still confused by the loc because I believed the loc was wrong from looking at the eqatlas map.

That place is the Bermuda triangle of EQ until you grasp the backwardsness haha.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Aviak

yes it is definitely backwards. The last cluster of islands before entering BB should be the rocky cluster w/ no grass and has sirens/dragoon on them.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

the original layout of the zone by sony/verant was backwards technically, p99 flipped it to make it logical.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveitup1216 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the original layout of the zone by sony/verant was backwards technically, p99 flipped it to make it logical.
This...

OOT was originally backwards on eqservers for a long time, they eventually fixed it I think, but by then nobody went there anymore, so you will mostly all remember it being backwards and on this server it is the right way. Meaning you go from West to east instead of east to west when you go from freeport to butcherblock.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveitup1216 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not classic, nerf it.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:11 PM
Fire Giant

actually the boat goes in the same direction regardless of where you came from. maybe it's a tradeoff so the boats actually work
Old 09-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Kobold

From the Project 1999 wiki:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Travelers entering the Ocean of Tears by boat from West Freeport will briefly moor at Zachariah Reigh Isle, so named for the NPC that stands vigilant on this island's dock, before continuing eastward. A merchant can be found in the inn. Prior to landfall in Faydwer, travelers will make a final stop at the eponymous Sister Isle. Named after the divine sisterhood of Erollisi Marr worshipers that call this island home, Sister Isle's inn is renowned for selling the Kiola Nut, a key ingredient in the armors of Master Wu.

NOTE: Veteran EverQuest players are not only likely to recall two boats, but Sister Isle being the first stop out of West Freeport. Though the second boat was not added until the Kunark era, the latter recollection is entirely correct: even though Antonica lies west of Faydwer, boats departing Butcherblock mysteriously traveled east to reach Freeport--the wrong direction. Project 1999 has corrected the direction of the boat so that it travels eastward to reach Faydwer from Antonica, and vice versa; this explains why Zach Reigh isle is the first stop out of Freeport, rather than Sister Isle as most remember.
Closed Thread