Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Hardest Race/Class combo on R99?
Anything Rogue 27 26.21%
Darkelf Warrior 51 49.51%
Erudite Paladin 25 24.27%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 01:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obviously to prove a point and decide if they are going to change exp mod. I'm assuming Sirken is going to play whatever is picked and level on both servers to determine if leveling on Red is easier than on Blue. We all know he will /wrists somewhere between level 10-20 on red. Especially when he gets in range of those Ragebringer twinks.

Edit

Im going to make it a point to pk every low level DE Warrior from now on!
Except mine, please.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barladore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think some of you are vastly underestmating the hybrid exp penalty, especially in hell levels and 50+.
I've been leveling a ranger in half the time it's taken my warrior.
Troll SK, almost as fast as ranger, completely solo, due to pretty much zero downtime.

All of these are still low level, but I know my ranger and SK will still be able to solo long after the warrior no longer can.

I think you're wrong.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Listen all I am saying is this.

If I just found R99 today and knew no one.

War
I would start soloing of course and it would be hard right off. it would get harder after level 10 as there really are no low level groups at all. After 10 I would start talking with people trying to find groups. once I am in the 20s I should be able to find the random group as wars are nice for tanking. As I find the random groups I would be friendly and play skillfully and add these people to my friends list. I would then make more friends and as I level up I would be wanted in groups as there are not a ton of tanks out there. By the time I am 50 I should have 10-15 friends for sure. This is even if I have not joined a guild which I would have by now as a war. I would use my friends/guild to get to level 60.

Summary: War harder 1-30, average 30-50, easier 50-60

Ranger
I would level solo from 1-10 for sure. It will be much easier then the war was. Then once 10 I will still solo because it is pretty easy, but slow. Once 20 things get much harder as soloing is very hard. I try to get groups and might get some since the exp penalty isnt terrible here. By my 30s soloing because extremely slow. There are not many of any groups since I fill no role and suck a large percentage of experience. By my 40s there are almost NO groups at all for the same reasons above. After 50 if I made it this far random groups are out of the question. Soloing is very hard. If I dont find a guild and force my way into some exp groups I will never level to 60.

Summary: Ranger easier 1-20, average 20-30, hard 30-50, a ton harder 50-60
Old 03-27-2013, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Once again, lvling a ranger to 50 in the correct spots is easy. repeat, easy.

Theres this zone called mistmoore. also a spell called harmony

Theres this zone called kedge keep. Also a spell called calm animal.

50+ may be tough but by then friends/guild should have been had.
Also, Velious gives panic animal no?

moving on.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

lol that's a huge undertaking to prove a point - hopefully if that is the case he's having someone do it for him
Old 03-27-2013, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once again, lvling a ranger to 50 in the correct spots is easy. repeat, easy.

Theres this zone called mistmoore. also a spell called harmony

Theres this zone called kedge keep. Also a spell called calm animal.

50+ may be tough but by then friends/guild should have been had.
Also, Velious gives panic animal no?

moving on.
You simply throw out the window the fact that 1-50 takes less time then 50-60. You might make it to 50 easier on the ranger. But you wont make it to 60 faster.

I cant take vel into consideration since it could be 6-12 months out for all I know.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol that's a huge undertaking to prove a point - hopefully if that is the case he's having someone do it for him
Isn't that what Junior guides are for? lol
Old 03-27-2013, 03:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Listen all I am saying is this.

If I just found R99 today and knew no one.

War
I would start soloing of course and it would be hard right off. it would get harder after level 10 as there really are no low level groups at all. After 10 I would start talking with people trying to find groups. once I am in the 20s I should be able to find the random group as wars are nice for tanking. As I find the random groups I would be friendly and play skillfully and add these people to my friends list. I would then make more friends and as I level up I would be wanted in groups as there are not a ton of tanks out there. By the time I am 50 I should have 10-15 friends for sure. This is even if I have not joined a guild which I would have by now as a war. I would use my friends/guild to get to level 60.

Summary: War harder 1-30, average 30-50, easier 50-60

Ranger
I would level solo from 1-10 for sure. It will be much easier then the war was. Then once 10 I will still solo because it is pretty easy, but slow. Once 20 things get much harder as soloing is very hard. I try to get groups and might get some since the exp penalty isnt terrible here. By my 30s soloing because extremely slow. There are not many of any groups since I fill no role and suck a large percentage of experience. By my 40s there are almost NO groups at all for the same reasons above. After 50 if I made it this far random groups are out of the question. Soloing is very hard. If I dont find a guild and force my way into some exp groups I will never level to 60.

Summary: Ranger easier 1-20, average 20-30, hard 30-50, a ton harder 50-60
Who cares about ranger? The topic is warrior/rogue. Anyone who has more issues leveling a ranger than the other 2 classes should just quit playing this game.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got to be warrior, no gear, no weapon to hit hard with, no method to heal themselves other than binding wounds to 50%

Starting each fight at a maximum of 50% health (unless you want insane wait time), no improved regen (troll/iksar etc)... fuck that, in the ass...

Someone's twink shows up? You're dead, don't even try and plug...
Rogue has the same issues, except a warrior will consistently hit harder and have more survivability.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KabanazyTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogue has the same issues, except a warrior will consistently hit harder and have more survivability.
Jesus man,

You keep thinking SOLO. This is a group game. If you are melee and don't plan to group might as well quit now.

I KNOW groups are hard to find here. But they CAN be found.
Closed Thread