Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-09-2023, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_demonman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FSI makes you not get stunned face-tanking.
Shamans face-tank hard mobs.
Getting stunned interrupts your spell casting.
Multiple interrupts on torpor is what can get you killed when soloing hard stuff on shaman.
Getting stunned equals more interrupts than if you couldn't get stunned.
Small amounts of AC or regen mean jack shit compared to torpor.

Hope this helps any lizard brains that have trouble processing why FSI is so good for shaman. You may need to correlate all these facts, take 2 aspirin for any headaches.
ya but you cant wear pd robe so hard pass

hope this helped
Old 02-09-2023, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

hope this helped
Not sure why you are trying to equate fashion quest to gameplay. Fashion quest is purely subjective.

I think plate looks better than robes.
Old 02-09-2023, 03:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

hope this helped
Guardian robe looks better with guise anyway. Checkmate atheists.
Old 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Old 02-09-2023, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_demonman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FSI makes you not get stunned face-tanking.
Shamans face-tank hard mobs.
Getting stunned interrupts your spell casting.
Multiple interrupts on torpor is what can get you killed when soloing hard stuff on shaman.
Getting stunned equals more interrupts than if you couldn't get stunned.
Small amounts of AC or regen mean jack shit compared to torpor.

Hope this helps any lizard brains that have trouble processing why FSI is so good for shaman. You may need to correlate all these facts, take 2 aspirin for any headaches.
Just more theorycraft that FSI is actually doing something for you besides maybe preventing a death 1 outta a million attempts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There’s no way to actually prove FSI is superior though. If you had a million hours of shaman logs on an ogre, and a million hours of shaman logs on a troll/iksar, what exactly would be your rating criteria?

Getting stunned just means it took you longer to cast a spell. But regen means you will have more mana to cast spells because you don’t need to cast torpor as much. There’s no way you could possibly tell how many times FSI saved your life either. Even if it did, why would that make it better? A rare death here and there from a stun doesn’t make it better. This is what you fail to realize.

FSI benefits on a shaman are all theorycraft. It doesn’t equate to anything. We can show that an iksar monk can probably pull longer than a human monk with regen ticking. And also tank better with the ac bonus. There’s nothing we can actually measure to say FSI is better on a shaman. I wouldn’t be surprised if the troll snare necklace has saved more lives than shaman FSI. We can tell an ogre warrior can actually position better and generate more aggro in the long term with FSI.

I’ve said it before like many others. FSI is a benefit in that it removes the annoyance of getting stunned for shamans. That’s it. And it might make you a better jbb caster. But spamming jbb isn’t shaman min max. .
Last edited by Crede; 02-09-2023 at 04:09 PM..
Old 02-09-2023, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just more theorycraft that FSI is actually doing something for you besides maybe preventing a death 1 outta a million attempts.
I have provided plenty of data. You have no valid argument here. You simply have a false opinion that FSI is unquantifiable. That is untrue, and a very poor attempt at claiming you are right.
Old 02-09-2023, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Old 02-09-2023, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have provided plenty of data. You have no valid argument here. You simply have a false opinion that FSI is unquantifiable. That is untrue, and a very poor attempt at claiming you are right.
You can't quantify the amount of deaths FSI has prevented. So unfortunately, whatever "Data" you think you have, is simply meaningless. When you provide something meaningful, please come back to me. The troll snare necklace could easily be considered just as useful.

Unfortunately, FSI is just ogre Juju.
Old 02-09-2023, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You can't quantify the amount of deaths FSI has prevented. So unfortunately, whatever "Data" you think you have, is simply meaningless. When you provide something meaningful, please come back to me.

Unfortunately, FSI is just ogre Juju.
The only juju here is your silly declaration that you don't read data. I am sorry, but covering your eyes and ears isn't an argument.

Quote:
What data is needed to support my point?

This is a subjective statement, unless you have data to prove otherwise.
For some reason you don't need to provide any evidence for your claims, but everybody else does. How silly.
Old 02-09-2023, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only juju here is your silly declaration that you don't read data. I am sorry, but covering your eyes and ears isn't an argument.

For some reason you don't need to provide any evidence for your claims, but everybody else does. How silly.
We know how fungi works. Regen is no different. Are you claiming fungi doesn’t work? Of course not.

Regen is a measurable benefit. FSI is Juju. At best, it’s on par with the troll snare necklace.

I’m sorry you don’t see it this way, but I would appreciate it if you didn’t try spreading false information to others.