Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Sarnak

Default Fear pathing

Did a search but the only relevant topic was in the wrong forum. Quote:

Quote:
Mobs have really strange pathing while feared. Every few seconds they'll completely change directions, basically walking in a random zigzag pattern. This is really inconvenient when fear-kiting as a melee, because you'll pretty much lose a round of melee combat every time it happens. With the kind of weapon a shadowknight typically uses, this becomes a significant portion of the potential damage you could have done during a fear's duration as the mob will abruptly veer in a different direction four or five times throughout the fear.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case. Playing a shadowknight main for a fair length of time, it was easy enough to detect the patterns. I believe all zones had one or more "fear nodes", points on the map that mobs would move towards when feared. Can anyone remember the details about this? It's been a long ass time and I'm a bit hazy about it, but I know for certain that fear kiting wasn't as impractical as it is here. It feels like playing an FPS at times.
Mobs should not do zigzag when feared. They'd normally run in a straight line. Found this description of a blind spell on EQLizer anno 1999 (link):

Quote:
Eye Of Confusion

This spell will make your target run around aimlessly for up to thirty seconds. It is similar to fear except that they will run in more than one direction.
Eye of Confusion is a blind spell. When blinded, a mob will run around in random direction until someone comes into melee range. A feared mob should not change direction.