Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Kobold

Default Warriors Weild what they wanna

I'm not really raging, just saying how annoying it is that people think they can tell us what weapon to use. I dont want to use a fukken Obsidian Shard of Avalon. I dont wanna use a YAK those are 9k. I wanna use EXECUTIONERS AXE that someone gave me. What are you gonna do when every warrior, in the near distance future starts using only Wurmslayer and Lamentation.

Beyotch, i got a TAUNT button i use often.

Oh and by the way, if you're gonna nuke something for like 300 points of damage do you think a little shard is gonna stop a mob from coming over
and squishing you? Whats that you say? i NEED Shards because taunt is broken in this server? not my fault, tell the devs to fixit.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashimar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not really raging, just saying how annoying it is that people think they can tell us what buffs to use. I dont want to cast a fukken Spirit of Wolf on the puller. I dont wanna use my mana on stam buffs those are fuckin expensive. I wanna use TAINTED BREATH that costs almost no mana. What are you gonna do when every shaman, in the near distance future starts casting only torpor and tigirs.

Beyotch, i got a NUKE button i use often.

Oh and by the way, if you're gonna get hit by something for like 300 points of damage do you think a little stam buff is gonna stop a mob from rolling you over and sticking it in your ass? Whats that you say? i NEED stam because mitigation is broken in this server? not my fault, tell the devs to fixit.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Kobold

Being a Shaman is tough. I will listen to what you have to say, We Warriors are worthless without you. Oh CAN I GET A SOW PLZ?
Old 09-30-2010, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashimar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being a Shaman is tough. I will listen to what you have to say, We Warriors are worthless without you. Oh CAN I GET A SOW PLZ?
Bind Wound ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:59 AM
Banned

Ashimar looks scary IRL
Old 09-30-2010, 11:15 AM
Sarnak

A warrior's main function in a group is to hold agro and take damage, therefore you should use the weapons that enable you to do so (shard, yak, etc..). Executioner's axe is garbage and you won't be able to maintain agro through a fight without the rest of the group giving you a 10-15% head start or using root for proximity agro. Taunt alone will not be sufficient to hold agro over a decently geared rogue even if they are evading as much as possible.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daliant17447 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A warrior's main function in a group is to hold agro and take damage, therefore you should use the weapons that enable you to do so (shard, yak, etc..). Executioner's axe is garbage and you won't be able to maintain agro through a fight without the rest of the group giving you a 10-15% head start or using root for proximity agro. Taunt alone will not be sufficient to hold agro over a decently geared rogue even if they are evading as much as possible.
hes basically saying.. L2P nub.

Bob has crushed you with his wallet.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:03 PM
Fire Giant

As warriors, the only thing we have to offer is our gear. Without good gear, we are useless, any group would rather have a paladin or SK.

Comparing the proc from an Obsidian Shard to a 300pt DD isn't exactly fair. Obsidian Shatter is a 30pt DD and an AC debuff. Mobs hate debuffs. Procs often happen in 3s, as most casters will tell you - if you try to debuff a mob 3 times in a row you'll shoot strait to the top of their hate list and stay there. Ykesha is a 75dd as well as a stun, stuns put you high on the hate list too. Hate generation is not based on damage alone.

Taunt is no more "broken" on here than it was on live. Why do you think our epic weapon procs +1000 hate? We need procs to maintain aggro.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 09-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Beyotch, i got a TAUNT button i use often.
This is no good. You should only be using taunt when you loose agro.

Using it when you already have agro is actually a bad thing simply because it adds nothing to your hate and if somebody grabs agro right after you used a useless taunt, then you really are stuck waiting for a proc to land or taunt to refresh.

I can't believe people still don't understand taunt mechanics after all these years.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is no good. You should only be using taunt when you loose agro.

Using it when you already have agro is actually a bad thing simply because it adds nothing to your hate and if somebody grabs agro right after you used a useless taunt, then you really are stuck waiting for a proc to land or taunt to refresh.

I can't believe people still don't understand taunt mechanics after all these years.
I spam taunt for funzies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Closed Thread