Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Sarnak

Custom stuff and exp rate if chosen to can be altered pretty easily i would think.

The way i see it, to make a legit pvp server

1) A good pve npc/loot database inline with classic

2) A good reliable host

3) A supportive dev staff

4) A accurate and working Spell resist, melee, and ac code

5) A beta test to work out pvp bugs before release

If rogean truly intends to have a pvp server then i think we already have 1,2, and 3. The 4th point is just not clear, null and rogean might have come up with something i dont know and 5 can be easily done.

If Rogean and Null could maybe get a discusion about #4 maybe the community can help push red99 forward
Old 07-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

There's quite a few players with good reputation that were GMs on prior red boxxes. Sirken comes to mind but I think he wants to go PC this time around.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

exp should be classic, ass slow rate.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Custom stuff and exp rate if chosen to can be altered pretty easily i would think.

The way i see it, to make a legit pvp server

1) A good pve npc/loot database inline with classic

2) A good reliable host

3) A supportive dev staff

4) A accurate and working Spell resist, melee, and ac code

5) A beta test to work out pvp bugs before release

If rogean truly intends to have a pvp server then i think we already have 1,2, and 3. The 4th point is just not clear, null and rogean might have come up with something i dont know and 5 can be easily done.

If Rogean and Null could maybe get a discusion about #4 maybe the community can help push red99 forward
You forgot

6) Active (as in if you don't have someone online 24/7, you're going to hear about it) GM staff who will volunteer their time for free + absorb verbal rapings on a daily basis while maintaining full composure, get paid nothing, and babysit several hundred players who will constantly be having problems since it's an Everquest PvP server which means it's easier to grief other players than just about any MMORPG ever released.

Good luck finding half a dozen Sirkens
Old 07-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Faster exp rate than current p99 setup is basically a must. Too many griefers and shit will exist around the low level areas, not to mention a red server is about shitting on people not the experience of the grind.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Not happening. Why else would the GM's just constantly ignore threads like this without ever saying anything. We all drank the kool aid and now we are stuck with blue balls.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiegi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not happening. Why else would the GM's just constantly ignore threads like this without ever saying anything. We all drank the kool aid and now we are stuck with blue balls.
That is a valid point, we have a constructive discussion with no flaming and p99 gms just ignore it.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

There are bugs that nobody wants to report because they like exploiting shit, basically. Since no one will go on p99 to test the pvp there and say what these bugs are, the red server is going to take a much longer time to come out.

I can think of quite a few bugs that need to be reported but with no one else reporting anything, what's the point? Unsurprisingly red players just want everyone else to do their work for them.

Quote:
Faster exp rate than current p99 setup is basically a must. Too many griefers and shit will exist around the low level areas, not to mention a red server is about shitting on people not the experience of the grind.
Ew, no. Keep the exp as it is, it's only the red players that want faster exp because they're all nubs.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 07-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ew, no. Keep the exp as it is, it's only the red players that want faster exp because they're all nubs.
Because it takes more skill to kill mobs than it does players...

Seriously, all slow xp does is force players to stay in the level range (whatever it may be) that provides incentive for higher level players to kill them. Everyone should have to endure it, that isn't the point, but at some point you risk destroying your player base.

Fast XP is a must on red boxes.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is a valid point, we have a constructive discussion with no flaming and p99 gms just ignore it.
yea those no good pieces of *shit* haven't looked at the 93289th armchair HOW 2 MAKE A SUCCESSFUL PVP SERVER EVEN THOUGH I'VE NEVER EVEN LOOKED AT THE EQEMU SOURCE thread where someone lazily stated the obvious in bullet points

I mean I'm all for constructive discussion but leave the fucking sense of entitlement at the doorstep. Because that's part of the problem and the second any volunteer dev sees a bunch of red server players demanding crap is the second they say "lol fuck these guys" and go spend their free time on something else.
Closed Thread