Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think a lot of people initially rolled on RZ not knowing 100% what they were getting into and were classes that couldn't solo and definitely didn't "box" their chars. Hence, they had to make friends to move up.

Most people almost certainly did not roll with a full guild or "crew" then either. So yes, anti's existed from there.

That won't be happening here, probably in any grand sense. I think truces will develop though.
Exactly,. ALOT of people on live either unknowingly joined the server (like me, cuz i wanted to be part of a team on the "TEAMS" server lol)
or were forced to because of friends/family. then said friends/family would outlevel these players
Alot of these players adapted and played well, but there was some who didnt and thats the flavor missing from Emu
I remember alot of times killin someone who would just stand there once a spell landed LOL

so i would pause the destruction ask em why arent they fighting back??
these people felt unskilled and immediately accepted death "i cant win" or "why? im just going to die"
that behavior sorta pushed me into the anti-pk realm as i felt bad for these players and friended a few and looked out for others

so live pvp servers had a diverse player base and skill range
most these emu pvp servers range in population of 20-75 maybe 100? on a good day with the boxes?? anyway its kinda low

Definately cant compare it to live, where there was 2-3 top guilds plus 2-3 mid range guilds.
but as nirgon and naez pointed out, theres a couple hardcore groups rollin here and then the semi-hard singles+wannabe's
but no more anti-pk/purists..not enough to make a impact or bring back those days on live
Old 07-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Aviak

Fine then, make it so you can take all their coin I don't give a damn. I am just giving suggestions.

But I stand strong on my main suggestions. Make the PvP a faction base PvP so there is some roleplaying. Groups could go in and raid enemy faction villages/towns/cities.
Last edited by Koa Bosk; 07-09-2011 at 03:03 PM..
Old 07-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

need somethin to take away from the win lol

takes a second to destroy your plat/gold and let em loot the silver/copper before you die
versus trying to bag the few good items you dont want looted

plus its fun when you actually get a score! like porters/buffers who are sellin but not banking once they get to a certain amount.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa Bosk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But I stand strong on my main suggestions. Make the PvP a faction base PvP so there is some roleplaying. Groups could go in and raid enemy faction villages/towns/cities.
K&B server has this play style.. cities you align to and defend while pillage others
havent been there since the first couple weeks.. i could be wrong and it might have changed by now
Old 07-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Banned

No level range to killing or bust. I can deal with anything else. Except... item loot is kind of bluebie. Because then everyone just runs around in no-drop gear and the game becomes about who knows the best no-drop gear camps. Blahhhh.

***No level range, Goods Vs Evils Vs Iksar with full platinum and FULL ITEM LOOT regardless of no-drop.*** Let's Darkfall this shit up with Fironia Vie.

I think I just now invented the greatest Everquest server known to mankind.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
***No level range, Goods Vs Evils Vs Iksar with full platinum and FULL ITEM LOOT regardless of no-drop.*** Let's Darkfall this shit up with Fironia Vie.

I think I just now invented the greatest Everquest server known to mankind.
thread topic is about why there are no roleplayers or unskilled newbies on these pvp servers like there was back in the day.

there will prolly never be a server that attracts the population needed for such a return but your example would just come and go in 2-4 months like every other box thats been created.. with 1 top guild and another guild tryin to recruit the other 15 players on the server for a retaliation.

not a bad thing for the 20-30 that play, if you dont mind re-rolling every 4 months.
you can always make a fresh start on a new buggy box where everyone knows which exploits usually get fixed last so they can max level and JC in a week lol
Old 07-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Kobold

Location: Cornfields in nebraska ya im a child of the corn asshole
Send a message via AIM to Odds_against_me Send a message via MSN to Odds_against_me

IMO Take it from Game of thrones Have houses you fight for Like back in UO days with CoM Minax TB SL Imp some kind of Faction house you can fight for PROBLEM SOLVED
Old 07-11-2011, 02:46 AM
Orc

Default lol

The thread title made me think of this pic I have of blowing people off of the kelethin bank on TZ on my lowbie druid alt. Anyone in his range would fall to their death.

"why you wanna pk me?"

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Dalthos; 07-11-2011 at 02:48 AM.. Reason: fixing link
Old 07-11-2011, 02:48 AM
Planar Protector

why u pking