Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Tarwine and I were talking about possibly doing a Crucify based server... Tarwine wruuu.

Crucify + Live Leaderboard + Tweets = everyone wins until P99 Red comes out?
Old 07-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tarwine and I were talking about possibly doing a Crucify based server... Tarwine wruuu.

live tweets is where its @
Old 07-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

full classic pvp box. to hell with all the custom bullshit, it never lasts longer then a month,since red99 is toast
Last edited by fiegi; 07-03-2011 at 04:42 PM..
Old 07-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sounds like a plan.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

KaB was kind of a crappy server, but one thing I liked was the different name colours for different teams, and the way you could check people's stats in IRC. It was kind of silly that the !stats command told you a player's class/level, but knowing their record was kind of cool and being able to check the top10 there was also nice. I like the idea of putting the leaderboard in IRC because it also encourages chatting since it makes most of the server idle in IRC. I think these things should be replicated in future pvp servers.

Things about the server that needed to be changed:

-Resists. Being able to land fear on someone 36 levels higher than you is seriously messed up. Spells like snare/fear/mez/root(halp??) were too easy to land. In earlier levels when people are unable to get decent MR gear yet, the success rate of these spells is basically 100%, which is way too unbalanced. Surely these spells should be useful, but not as overpowered as they were on this server.

-Fear/charm/etc. These spells were disabled in pvp fairly early on Live for very good reasons. They allow people to take exp deaths too easily, and can also be exploitable in other ways (like fearing/charming someone behind a zoneline, or into a wall, or under the world). Fear/charm should have been disabled from the beginning.

-Safe zones. Seriously, safe zones suck and are totally lame. Smart people just leveled on Faydwer until they were level 50 and ganked people on antonica. I don't know why anyone thought this would be fun, it just discouraged pvp because it was too risky to be anywhere other than Faydwer/Odus/the bazaar.

-Boxing. Giving an advantage to people who are too anti-social to make friends of their own is never a good idea.

I hope anyone planning on starting a new pvp server considers these suggestions.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Last edited by Lazortag; 07-03-2011 at 05:49 PM..
Old 07-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boxing. Giving an advantage to people who are too anti-social to make friends of their own is never a good idea.
lol
Old 07-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Banned

Quote:

vile i have an extra box here come into vent
Old 07-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Orc

Holocaust got outted as hackers? No offense bros but how many times has this happened?
Old 07-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xebekn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holocaust got outted as hackers? No offense bros but how many times has this happened?
Cool story bro, but we weren't 'outted as hackers.' In fact, I was proactive with the 'OMG QQ HAX' crowd, that you seem to be affiliating yourself with, and had livestreams of my pvp on www.justin.tv/solidussz. I was banned for getting feared behind a zoneline and nuking people while back there (something that happens constantly, as using fear is rampant on the server.)

Big fish, small pond.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by solid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool story bro, but we weren't 'outted as hackers.' In fact, I was proactive with the 'OMG QQ HAX' crowd, that you seem to be affiliating yourself with, and had livestreams of my pvp on www.justin.tv/solidussz. I was banned for getting feared behind a zoneline and nuking people while back there (something that happens constantly, as using fear is rampant on the server.)

Big fish, small pond.
Easy bud, didn't mean to strike a nerve.

Just trying to get facts straight.
Last edited by Xebekn; 07-03-2011 at 10:18 PM..
Closed Thread