Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 04:03 AM
Kobold

Default Is this server going to happen 4 srs?

If so, what will the pvp ruleset be like?

do tell
Old 06-27-2011, 04:06 AM
Sarnak

hell on earth - many rage quits inc when we form our massive zerg armies to rape and pillage
Old 06-27-2011, 04:07 AM
Aviak

no need for another thread
Old 06-27-2011, 07:26 AM
Fire Giant

Nope. Confirmation it won't.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Akka's Fun House pwns j00 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-27-2011, 11:24 AM
Banned

I'd say there are valid concerns related to its release. Releasing it too early despite the clamoring for "we'll just play it and test it for you" will create doubts/naysaying (pets suck here! backstab is broken! waste of tiem!) and worse, give those who test it early insights into bugs.

Let's be honest, the more time you have to play, the more broken shit you'll find and I can't say I'd count on the usual suspects to report every bug they find.

I'd hope if they go the testing route those who test will recognize this is an opportunity to have a box with a healthy and regular population. You have to wager the "lulz" versus the value in creating something strong and lasting. We know what has killed boxes previous and that we want a serious pvp emu. Hopefully that will be a driving force for some effort and honesty in testing.

Personally, I'd rather wait it out and for all the big and little things to be fixed on p99 (blue) then go forward with the pvp box.
Last edited by Nirgon; 06-27-2011 at 11:27 AM..
Old 06-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Kobold

God bless the men and women of p99... But I'm done on the pve server.. Huge waste of time
Old 06-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd say there are valid concerns related to its release. Releasing it too early despite the clamoring for "we'll just play it and test it for you" will create doubts/naysaying (pets suck here! backstab is broken! waste of tiem!) and worse, give those who test it early insights into bugs.

Let's be honest, the more time you have to play, the more broken shit you'll find and I can't say I'd count on the usual suspects to report every bug they find.

I'd hope if they go the testing route those who test will recognize this is an opportunity to have a box with a healthy and regular population. You have to wager the "lulz" versus the value in creating something strong and lasting. We know what has killed boxes previous and that we want a serious pvp emu. Hopefully that will be a driving force for some effort and honesty in testing.

Personally, I'd rather wait it out and for all the big and little things to be fixed on p99 (blue) then go forward with the pvp box.
This is true, they do need to work a good amount of the stuff out before allowing us fefs online. I'm very worried about how this will turn out. There has been no real EQ PvP since like pop-era live :/

I tried out VZTZ but didn't stay very long at all because of how low the population was. Also there was not much room for casual playing; if you didn't wanna rush to max level and get best gear there was no one to PK or exp with. If this '99red thing doesn't pan out I may have to accept that MMO gaming will never be fun again.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Banned

Being employed did hurt your chances of success in VZTZ. In b4 trolls.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

4 srs
Closed Thread