Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

and I like his caboose

speakin locomotives here
Old 07-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Id dont like trains but it cant be policed enough. first person trains the raid and the raid wipes and gm gets attention but the harm is already done. Having fraps proof on vztz helped alot but still was happening way too much to police. In the end what usually happened is the person(s) who trained first get away with it and the people who got trained either chose to be noble and not train back but most likely lose the encounter or they train back but by then a gm is there and a gm has witnessed a train and ban hammers galore. Id say in my personal experience on vztz the retaliation trainer gets caught more than the initial trainer
the solution isn't to give up and let it happen; the problem would only get worse :/
Old 07-07-2011, 12:50 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimsin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For having a fantastic label surrounding your name as a GM, you sure are judgmental.
With all due respect, I am not currently a GM, I am not impersonating, or representing myself as a GM. And FWIW, I don’t know you from adam, all I know about you is that you seem to have conflicting opinions about training in pvp…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimsin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree, don't make stupid rules like "no training". Fucking train all you want. Every great model operates on anarchy
Quote:
Ask anyone who has ever PvP'd against me. I'm about the most honorable fighter there is. I don't train, I don't crouch behind guards, I don't cheat, I don't plug. I accept the wins and losses that my skills and my toon yields.
I’m sure you see what I see here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
I played a paladin named Phoso on guildwars, I played a warrior named IvIurder on Altergate (flame away). I think you don't get me because you feel like I'm like the rest of these clowns, you mistake me as a person who actually gives a shit about my name being spouted on some board in a negative fashion. I don't.
And I think you’ve mistaken me for someone that flames people, I simply call it as I see it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Of all the "big" names tossed around on these boards from VZTZ and other boxes, very few actually impressed me when I've played with them or against them. They are usually timid, careful, risk-off players, who are blatant opportunists, usually to the point of being pathetic and cowardly, just so they can brag on some board. This defeats the point of PVP IMO.
I agree! A lot of people suck balls until they have joined the top guild, achieved top level, and acquired the very best loots, and then go around slaying kids in subpar gear thinking they are god’s gift to pvp. I’ve never been impressed with players like that.

Quote:
My opinion on training and other such tactics is simple. If you have to do it to win, you've already lost. The truth always comes out on any player who looks great on a box, rarely they can hold up to the standard which proceeds them.
I agree, if you have to train, you’ve already lost. However we disagree on your next point as some box players were absolutely devastating on live (I can only assume that’s when u meant when you said the standard which precedes them).
Old 07-07-2011, 01:04 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like you Fonzo, but you were not the greatest GM.

I remember one time contacting you on Happy and alerting you I would be zoning into SE corner of fear and to keep an eye on Handpicked and any suspicious behavior.

Within a few seconds, I had Saru and Gyno on me and I even yondered around a bit before porting out so you could get a lock on them. Your response? "Gynowife is standing by me at portal." You accused me of lying when you were just incompetent.

You made some excuse about not having the map function up (what?) and when I told you to check my combat logs, you were oblivious.
i never said i was the greatest GM, but i will say i was one of the better ones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i know that you assume you're the only player that was sending me tells that day, but you weren't, so i apologize that i wasn't able to deal with you within a few seconds of receiving your tell. i was trying to watch multiple people. and yes, i used a map feature that showed me all the players and all the mobs because it gave me a bird's eye view of the entire zone plus locations of where the players and the mobs were in the zone... SO if you were being trained in a corner, id be able to see it from anywhere that i was at inside the zone, i'm sorry if thats truly too hard of a concept for you to grasp.

oh and combat logs? we never kept combat logs and you know that because 1) ive said it a million times, and 2) it's the reason yellow text was required to enforce BRing/BCing.

if we actually kept combat logs for every time any player ever swung his weapon or did damage to a mob, opening SQL would have crashed the server, ruined your immersion, and threatened your pixels.

(PS- we didn't keep spell casting logs for the same reason)

<3
Closed Thread