Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 06-21-2023, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is your magelo out of date bc you look like a sub 60 piece meal geared alt to me and no where near end game raid gear. I dont think you guys understood OPs question tbh
If you think there is a massive difference between level 59 and 60 in terms of understanding how to play the game on a Shadowknight, you don't understand the game very well. You would have a point if I was talking about Shamans, since Torpor changes how the class plays at 60.

You are a bit jaded if you think only full BiS is good gear. While I am not full BiS gear by any stretch, I am better geared than a lot of SKs. A person drowning in DKP throwing gear onto an alt doesn't make them someone who knows the class very well hehe. Having full raid gear in every slot means nothing these days in terms of skill and game knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea idk guys. With actual end game raid gear I don't even bother to wear my narandi and just wear the hobarts. Y'alls points make sense if you geared up in EC and you're trying to level up. If you're one of the knights I played with back in the day wearing full velious raid gear and multiple vulak items then you definitely don't need to fear kite or carry around ft2 helm to efficiently clear a kunark dungeon. Maybe y'all have a friend who is geared and could walk you through what it looks like in real time to fight a bok knight or a HS skeleton at the real end game.
You honestly don't understand the game very well if you thnk this. Even in full BiS gear there is no reason to simply waste mana on tap tanking a mob you can fear kite. It's not efficient. 1500 AC is not going to get you to the point where a Sebilis Frog is only doing 100 damage to you over the entire fight. AC is great, but its not that great.

I think the issue is you just haven't played an SK. Paladins get Deepwater BP, which means you can efficiently heal outside of combat. You're getting 1800 HP/Minute on BP Clicks.

Shadowknights get 360 HP/Minute on BP clicks, and maybe 500 HP from two Epic procs on average per fight if it lasts a minute. That means we need to spend 675 mana if we want to Drain Soul the other 900 HP back.

As Crede said, SK healing is simply less efficient, so we can't just waste HP and Mana willy nilly.

You are mainly tap tanking mobs you can't fear because you simply have no other option, or you are lazy. I am not saying being lazy is always bad since this is a game, but lazy is not efficient.

If we were discussing paladins, you sound like like someone who is disregarding Deepwater BP because it is too much effort to buy Jaspers and click it. Just sit and regen mana and heal instead. It's bad advise.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-21-2023 at 10:09 AM..
Old 06-21-2023, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Yea and skelly illusion removes slam. So any race will need a Inny’s Curse if you are trying to maximize dps while having a small chance of shutting down casters you can’t fear.

DSM, the only reason Pint doesn’t have a geared sk is because he doesn’t want one. Or doesn’t want to do it again (one knight is enough for most). It’s not that hard. Most if not all of the mechanics are the same, just a different tool kit. And yes, 60 means everything. Your skill caps aren’t evolved, your missing good spells and a disc, the npc is naturally a level higher than it has to be which as we all know matters. I know you mean well but just level your SK. I’ve pushed a bard and Druid to 60 since you were first being heckled about it.
Last edited by Snaggles; 06-21-2023 at 10:13 AM..
Old 06-21-2023, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea and skelly illusion removes slam. So any race will need a Inny’s Curse if you are trying to maximize dps while having a small chance of shutting down casters you can’t fear.

DSM, the only reason Pint doesn’t have a geared sk is because he doesn’t want one. Or doesn’t want to do it again (one knight is enough for most). It’s not that hard. Most if not all of the mechanics are the same, just a different tool kit. And yes, 60 means everything. Your skill caps aren’t evolved, your missing good spells and a disc, the npc is naturally a level higher than it has to be which as we all know matters. I know you mean well but just level your SK. I’ve pushed a bard and Druid to 60 since you were first being heckled about it.
It's telling when you think SK's use skele illision because they need to[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Shroud of Death gives the same life tap proc as Shroud of Undeath, just no skele illusion. Unless you want to kill something in style, why use Shroud of Undeath in a tough fight?

I have a level 60 character, I know precisely the difference in how much you get hit between 59 and 60. It's not a massive leap if you are soloing most of the time. You are thinking in terms of offtanking in a raid, where the mob is often higher level than you (60 or above). Level gap matters more in that case. When fighting something like Sebilis Frogs, you are already 10+ levels above a lot of them at 59. Leechcurse has a 72 minute cooldown, so unless you are fighting 1 mob and AFKing for 72 minutes, I am not sure why you think Leechcurse is going to be something you are using often.

SK's get a slightly better Tap and a slightly better FD at 60. You don't need to play with them to understand what they will give you.

Basically Pint is just trying to do an argument from authority because he doesn't have anything else, inlcuding an SK to test his theories.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-21-2023 at 10:48 AM..
Old 06-21-2023, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

c u boys in 30 pages
Old 06-21-2023, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
c u boys in 30 pages
Basically every dsm thread yep
Old 06-21-2023, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
c u boys in 30 pages
I always find it strange that you think discussions are strange on a forum. Very silly. But a lot of your posts are just nonsense like this, so I guess I can't expect too much[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Same with Ripqozko. You both think typing 5 random words on a forum is the ideal method of discussion.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-21-2023 at 10:44 AM..
Old 06-21-2023, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always find it strange that you think discussions are strange on a forum. Very silly. But a lot of your posts are just nonsense like this, so I guess I can't expect too much[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Same with Ripqozko. You both think typing 5 random words on a forum is the ideal method of discussion.
You don’t have discussions , you spend 100 pages arguing that your point is the right one and everyone else is wrong or trolling. Hope that helps.
Old 06-21-2023, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don’t have discussions , you spend 100 pages arguing that your point is the right one and everyone else is wrong or trolling. Hope that helps.
This is simply not true, and you can check my post history. It isn't like I can hide that. It is a straw man people have created because it is easier than admitting they may be wrong. In any thread that is 100+ pages, that is due to trolling, and you can see literal posts of just silly gifs.
Old 06-21-2023, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Ah this thread is getting ugly with all these pallies who have never played high lvl sks. Do me a favor and compare thurg heal click Vs dw bp click. Yikes. And pally hot Vs a slow ass inefficient tap. Sks also don’t even get 210 bind wound. Or mend. Monks/pallies are just way better at self healing.
Last edited by Crede; 06-21-2023 at 11:05 AM..
Old 06-21-2023, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just one more point about skele illusion. If you were specifically referring to Soul Defiler, that weapon typically costs a lot of DKP, and it is pretty rare in terms of drop rate. If you can raid enough to get a Soul Defiler, you can get an Epic and simply swap to Epic when you need to bash, or click off Call To Bones if you need Slam on a ToV Weapon/Vulak Axe/Tunare Sword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah this thread is getting ugly with all these pallies who have never played high lvl sks. Do me a favor and compare thurg heal click Vs dw bp click. Yikes. And pally hot Vs a slow ass inefficient tap. Sks also don’t even get 210 bind wound. Or mend. Monks/pallies are just way better at self healing.
Yeah I am not sure what Pint is talking about. If Pint wants he can post a video showing how much damage he takes per fight with 1500 AC. I've never heard of high AC mitigating so much damage you are only taking like 300 points of damage on a level 50+ mob. But with evidence like that I would be happy to be proven wrong.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-21-2023 at 11:32 AM..