Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-29-2023, 03:31 PM
Kobold

Default Encounters on Netflix

Long time fan of the unknown since Art Bell on Coast to Coast AM radio.

Too many loons in the digital age and I’m just a pleb who could be fooled by good video editing so I dropped a lot of interest.

Then that UFO disclosure thing was included in the Covid bill and I was interested in hearing what that would end up being. Long story short, I started looking at more of that kind of material.

Just watched Encounters episodes 1 and 2. God damn that stephensvile sighting was wild.

Anyone else watching that series?
Old 09-29-2023, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

My mom said UFO cowboys was also good.

I've seen neither.

I really want space flight to be privatized to the point bored billionaires can fund their own science and exploration projects. Then the "truth" won't come approved via just a few ppl.

I'll definitely give encounters a shot if I pick up Netflix again one day.
Last edited by magnetaress; 09-29-2023 at 03:41 PM..
Old 09-29-2023, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notfame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Long time fan of the unknown since Art Bell on Coast to Coast AM radio.

Too many loons in the digital age and I’m just a pleb who could be fooled by good video editing so I dropped a lot of interest.

Then that UFO disclosure thing was included in the Covid bill and I was interested in hearing what that would end up being. Long story short, I started looking at more of that kind of material.

Just watched Encounters episodes 1 and 2. God damn that stephensvile sighting was wild.

Anyone else watching that series?
I had ep 1 and 2 playing in the background while playing classic hardcore last night. I don't think they're going to touch on this in the series but the Kenneth Arnold sighting is more impressive IMO. This was still during the tail end of the Foo Fighter age and largely before saucer mania. Highly credible source. And it's one case where the debunker claims are as stupid as most sighting claims usually are.
Old 09-29-2023, 04:58 PM
Sarnak

a lot of the "encounters" in the series are just literal night terrors/sleep paralysis. Like, it is a well documented phenomenon that happens to some people.

beyond those though, some of the stuff is pretty interesting
Old 09-29-2023, 06:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had ep 1 and 2 playing in the background while playing classic hardcore last night. I don't think they're going to touch on this in the series but the Kenneth Arnold sighting is more impressive IMO. This was still during the tail end of the Foo Fighter age and largely before saucer mania. Highly credible source. And it's one case where the debunker claims are as stupid as most sighting claims usually are.
Thanks pal I’ll check that out. I enjoy some of the older accounts of sightings. Sounds great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a lot of the "encounters" in the series are just literal night terrors/sleep paralysis. Like, it is a well documented phenomenon that happens to some people.

beyond those though, some of the stuff is pretty interesting
Absolutely lol

I almost turned it off when that one guy started talking about visitors in his room. Glad I kept going though.

I was really interested in the corroborating stories with directional observations and then seeing the radar data although admittedly “seeing the radar data” just means I saw that segment of the show.