Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-18-2023, 08:51 AM
Planar Protector

The only reason anyone likes EQ PvP is for griefing. These need-new-red spammers will deny that til they're blue in the face and make up a million false justifications for why a PvP server is somehow "better".

But the real reason they like it is they want a built in mechanic for pissing off other players and starting drama in ooc with the lowest effort possible. That's it, that's the only reason they want a restart so bad. For fresh victims. They know it will end up dead again in three months and would waste all of the dev and staff's time and they don't give a fuck.

In reality, the real most effective and most sustainable form of griefing other players is by taking all of a bluebie's raid loots. Seal Team owned everyone harder than any red player could ever dream of, but that requires organization, interpersonal skills, intelligence, and patience.....qualities every red player severely lacks.

So instead they take the lowest common denominator approach and just spam the forums with "can I has killz other player pls rogon, lolz". Idiots.
Last edited by Fammaden; 03-18-2023 at 08:53 AM..
Old 03-18-2023, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Anyone who thinks I’m a griefer clearly does not know me. PvP adds social depth to the EQ experience.
Old 03-18-2023, 10:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only reason anyone likes EQ PvP is for griefing. These need-new-red spammers will deny that til they're blue in the face and make up a million false justifications for why a PvP server is somehow "better".

But the real reason they like it is they want a built in mechanic for pissing off other players and starting drama in ooc with the lowest effort possible. That's it, that's the only reason they want a restart so bad. For fresh victims. They know it will end up dead again in three months and would waste all of the dev and staff's time and they don't give a fuck.

In reality, the real most effective and most sustainable form of griefing other players is by taking all of a bluebie's raid loots. Seal Team owned everyone harder than any red player could ever dream of, but that requires organization, interpersonal skills, intelligence, and patience.....qualities every red player severely lacks.

So instead they take the lowest common denominator approach and just spam the forums with "can I has killz other player pls rogon, lolz". Idiots.
You clearly don't know shit and probably never fought another player in your life. I'd say the VAST majority of Red players are not griefers. The vast majority of Rallos Zek players back in the day were not griefers and same holds true for Sullon Zek. Most people like PVP servers because they simply like to keep their options open. Fighting against non-AI monsters that may actually think for themselves and outwit you is also a big appeal to people that enjoy that extra challenge. All of a sudden, a significant amount of gear built into the game becomes relevant and useful. Different strategies become viable, certain clickies become more valuable. Whoever thought "PVP was just an afterthought" clearly never paid attention to much of the itemization in the game where you have certain gear that was obviously made for PVP.

Healthy PVP servers create their own content. Not only do they have the same exact npc targets as bluebie servers, but they also have guild wars and PVP to contend with on a daily basis, thus ensuring endless content. The same can't be said for bluebie servers.

Let me give you some examples:

Some dude is occupying a high value camp before "lists" were a thing. Let's say Manastone camp for arguments sake. Something that will eventually be gone forever. This dude will apparently be camping this thing forever as well cause he never leaves and passes off the camp to his fellow guild members or better yet the character is just played in shifts by different people. When asked to share the camp, he just laughs or does 100 other things to piss you off or ignores you entirely. Now, what is your solution to this classic poopsocker situation? On PVP at least you have the option to kill this mofo.

This scenario could be repeated 100 times in various ways. Some dude is an asshole but not breaking any rules, what is your recourse on blue? NOTHING! You sit there and take it like the little bluebie you are. Red players like having the option to put these assholes in their place.

Two guilds line up at the "start line"... LOL. For a raid target, certain idiotic rules are in place determining what spells/abilities can be used to obtain "FTE" because lets just take all strategic thought process out of the equation. Any presumed rule breaking will be reported with immediate effect. Don't sit there and honestly tell me that you've found yourself in this ridiculous raid situation and haven't thought: "it would be nice to just kill all these fuckers". Well, Red players do exactly that.

Bluebie servers literally have PAGES & PAGES of nonsensical rules that you as the blue player are supposed to know and study (fun game huh?). Ignorance is not an excuse and won't save you from the banhammer! There are 31 FAQ that the staff felt the need to outline! With rules of engagement further expanded in Green rules! lmao. With various amendments made like it's a law book. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=189856

*sigh*... I have not read through it all, and won't. Yet I can still, without a doubt, tell you that all of these silly problems are solved with PVP.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 03-18-2023, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

I am bluebie. I like the points Red players make. I see the draw for pvp. I tried Red years ago. Was having fun in a duo until our first pvp encounter. We rolled there asses and it felt great. The problem is they came back. There was seemingly nothing we could do but keep fighting until one side quit. There was no winning.

The manastone example sounds so good but it doesn't end with you killing him.. What do you do to keep the camp and not have your session turn into on giant grief fest on both sides? I've heard corpse camping but that sounds not fun and unreliable.
Old 03-18-2023, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am bluebie. I like the points Red players make. I see the draw for pvp. I tried Red years ago. Was having fun in a duo until our first pvp encounter. We rolled there asses and it felt great. The problem is they came back. There was seemingly nothing we could do but keep fighting until one side quit. There was no winning.

The manastone example sounds so good but it doesn't end with you killing him.. What do you do to keep the camp and not have your session turn into on giant grief fest on both sides? I've heard corpse camping but that sounds not fun and unreliable.
Read the lns sticky in red server forum.
Old 03-18-2023, 01:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are the one that dies and want to just cut your losses and leave, you can call "LNS" (loot and scoot) under the current rules. If both sides want to keep fighting, then you keep fighting until 1 person dominates that spawn. Survival of the strongest baby. If you can't hold the spawn by yourself, then call in friends to help you. Having the option to fight for the spawn must certainly be better than the alternative which is waiting for 1 single person who presumably has no life and is unemployed to graciously give up their poopsocking agenda. No one person or group of people should be allowed to hold down camps like this; especially high value, limited timeline camps... all while doing so semi-afk and uncontested.

But this scenario also brings up certain PVP rulesets which would help:

I am of the opinion that the less rules in place, the better. Players will govern themselves! Obviously blatant hacking is still bannable. Corpse camping SHOULD be allowed. Training SHOULD be allowed. Everything will get sorted out in the end, and the STRONGEST will win.

Also, the dreaded Item Loot which many people are scared to speak of. I think it would be a healthy deterrent in these types of situations which stops the super twink griefers in their tracks. It may not turn into a grief fest because one side may start to consider the consequences of keeping the fight going.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 03-18-2023, 01:25 PM
Aviak

Item loot might sound like a deterrent but it doesn’t really help, people would either be in nodrop gear or fight naked if they felt the situation were too risky
Old 03-18-2023, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Braindead take.

"Everyone who likes things I don't like is stupid and wrong!"

The reality is that, as you have noted, Blue/Green both have PvP of a different sort at the high-end, with all their assorted byzantine raid rules and lawyerquesting. Red PvP is simply a more direct, fun and engaging way to compete for loot. Similarly, griefing surely exists on Blue/Green, and just takes a more indirect aspect. Griefing is an issue of player personalities and incentives/rewards, not rulesets.

The fact that you don't understand such a simple concept is quite appalling, and leads back to my original conclusion that you are indeed FUCKING BRAINDEAD, and should go vigorously rub your face in the nearest pile of dogshit, as this will serve to warn everyone who subsequently comes in contact with you what sort of mentally deficient individual they are dealing with.
Old 03-18-2023, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Couldn't have said it better. Now watch all the red supporters come in and attack you and not one point you made.
Old 03-18-2023, 03:56 PM
Fire Giant

Why are people still going on about PVP on Green forums, Go back to silly and dead Red. And beg there and discuss there about Red 2.0.. Green 2.0 was never ever mentioned about PVP per their orginal post. Just seasonal Green sever resets and merge into blue. Red2.0 is not going to happen. If you want that There is always some silly pvp server that gets made every 6 months for people who think PVP is still a thing.

Also I am excited as the next person to do Green 2.0 but just be patient they will probably announce it a month before the launch like they did. Peeps forget they got to somewhat warn people about the merging of character names. Though they could program something to "require a new name" but that would take effort.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>