Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-17-2023, 10:51 AM
Sarnak

I think it's fair to say that there's insufficient communication from staff when the playerbase has no idea whether the release date of the promised new server is "tomorrow" or "literally never." It would be enough for Rogean to announce that it's being worked on and coming in the future. To say nothing whatsoever for such a long time suggests he isn't even paying attention to the project anymore; and given the fact that he has apparently taken donations for the new server, that's not okay. If he doesn't want to be involved anymore, he should let someone else take over.
Old 03-17-2023, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Absurd take. Seek salvation in the temple of life.
Old 03-17-2023, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

The fact that we have /rewind and can petition for reimbursements makes this game much more supportive than live.

Hell, you can delete your char or let a corpse rot and they will UPS it to you in West Commons.
Old 03-17-2023, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Green is barely at the end of its timeline, there’s no expectation of a new blue for who knows how long. We’re basically just at the earliest possible date. People that have worked hard to be at the top of the green are not eager to do the work again right away.

Sorry you feel like you missed out OP but staff has taken great care of the non PvP community here. Look at the stability of this high population emulator. It’s like one of a kind. Don’t be silly.

More announcements and more non specifically worded updates would be nice to have so we know what’s coming down the pipe. These things used to happen more often but staff has been flamed by maniacs like you on numerous occasions so they’ve left us to wonder about the future on our own. It’s just not worth being flamed about.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-17-2023, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Was the point of green for people to be "at the top"?
Old 03-17-2023, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

When did velious release on red server? 2014?

We’ve been waiting the better part of a decade for our new server, and are still holding out hope. I’m sincerely surprised at the bluebie entitlement here, especially after the embarrassing display from OP.

Just chill out. The way nilbog has been updating things in the patch notes for previous eras of the game, we know the plan is to release another server starting from the beginning of the timeline. And while I think the next server should be a pvp server, staff has shown that they care about the bluebie community and it’s very likely you’ll get green 2.0 long before red 2.0 releases.
Old 03-17-2023, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockscar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's fair to say that there's insufficient communication from staff when the playerbase has no idea whether the release date of the promised new server is "tomorrow" or "literally never." It would be enough for Rogean to announce that it's being worked on and coming in the future. To say nothing whatsoever for such a long time suggests he isn't even paying attention to the project anymore; and given the fact that he has apparently taken donations for the new server, that's not okay. If he doesn't want to be involved anymore, he should let someone else take over.
How about no? The guy doesn't have time to update you everyday about timelines. You don't like it? Make your own server, run it for 20 years and stay up on them daily updates.
Old 03-17-2023, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Again, newsflash, staff doesn’t owe any of us anything.

We owe them THANX!

Praise be McQuaid
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 03-17-2023, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
staff has shown that they care about the bluebie community and it’s very likely you’ll get green 2.0 long before red 2.0 releases.
Amen. Thank you staff and devs for being intelligent enough to prioritize PvE only, the REAL way to play Everquest.
Old 03-17-2023, 04:28 PM
Decaying Skeleton

If a project is closed-source and accepts donations it's not unreasonable to expect communication of upcoming plans or changes. Just because something isn't legally enforced, doesn't mean it isn't basic software development social etiquette.