Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-17-2023, 08:10 AM
Large Bat

Set your expectations at the cost of admission. It's free. Think about all the money you've saved having this for no cost. Now go login to one of the three servers and play for free, and when you're done walk out into the real world that exists outside of this game. Hope that helps.
Old 03-17-2023, 09:01 AM
Fire Giant

"It's free, guys! Don't inquire about something like a server reset. If you do, you're evil and a neckbeard!"

Yeah, no. Cease this self-righteousness. All we ask for is a little common courtesy.
Old 03-17-2023, 09:25 AM
Large Bat

I don't think you're evil, or a neckbeard. Chin up fella <3
Old 03-17-2023, 09:31 AM
Fire Giant

But you did imply ungratefulness and unhealthiness for people getting a little tired of the radio silence, right?

I'm not sure how I'm either of those things for wanting to know when the server resets.
Old 03-17-2023, 09:39 AM
Large Bat

Dang, I just shared my method for living happily with no new server news. I didn't mean any offense to ya. Certainly didn't mean to accuse anyone of being ungrateful. Unhealthy? Maybe, that's not really something I can assess here. I thought maybe sharing my lens could help someone else who is struggling.

I think "It's free, guys!" is a good characterization of what I said, but the stuff after seems like maybe you are thinking about something someone else said. I'm really happy that it's free, that's no lie. I don't think I'd still be playing if it wasn't.
Old 03-17-2023, 09:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quite a few people have been waiting for this to happen. People talk on the server about it all the time. As someone else said in this thread: we have no idea what's going on.

I'm not going to complain if it never happens. Just tell us, so we get an understanding.
Old 03-17-2023, 09:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousHalflings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clearly, Rogean, Nilbog, and whoever else is still left running things have milked all the donation money they can out of the Project, and have abandoned it. Lack of any sort of communication from anyone despite a community seething for what they initially promised is kinda bullshit & indicative of how much they still care about p99...ie they don't anymore.

I get it, life comes up, but holy shit grow some balls, be adults, and let people know what's going on so they know whether or not they should continue waiting for what they really want to play, or get invested in something else if Green2.0 isn't happening.
Server Negativity
Spreading negative propaganda about the server and serving no purpose other than to slander the community and it's staff will not be allowed.

The staff works hard to provide this experience to you, and we will not tolerate negative conjecture about our agendas or actions. This includes negative or tasteless comments about current or former staff members. Constructive feedback via substantiated bug reports is always appreciated.

GOTEEM
Old 03-17-2023, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Its entirely possible that announcing in advance is a bigger pain in the ass then just keeping it secret. First green was a lot of hype, a massive shitshow at launch in some ways, and probably any merger would be a honeypot of RMT. Might be easier to deal with all those things if they keep the release date hidden.
Old 03-17-2023, 10:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousHalflings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ehh, big hard false there, bucko. By accepting donations FOR p99, they're kinda obligated to maintain some sort of line of communication, especially if donations are specifically noted 'to get Green 2.0 going sooner'. Don't even try to argue about it. People more prominent than p99 staff have been sued for similar.

IF something happened that would delay or prevent Green2.0 from being released, while it would suck and we'd just have to deal with it, they still have to let donors know 'hey things are behind/not happening'.

It's funny that you're such a fucking simp for the devs you'll defend them against someone saying 'literally take the 60 seconds to post 'Green2.0 is/isn't still happening.' Gotta be missing an entire quadrant of your brain to think you're remotely right with that snarky bullshit comment.
Hahahaha you probably donate to Trump and say "Build wall please"
Old 03-17-2023, 10:36 AM
Aviak

They never committed to a release date of yesterday, so that’s on the community for inappropriately building hype.

An eta for the new server would be sweet, but if that’s not possible then Rogean should at least respond to the other thread about the secret cat room.