Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 03-13-2023, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would situationally use a Stalwart Seas shield or swap in a Glowing Stone Band if I got turned around until I got a Crown of Hatred. The shield is in the bank for CR’s.

Eyepatch of The Shadows is decent. Less so if you are stam capped but it’s certainly tolerable for most folks.
I wear the lord bob ring, stats aint that bad, no blindness. C u in velious.
Old 03-13-2023, 11:33 AM
Sarnak

On a fresh server, dwarf is BIS. If you are going to play casually, dwarf is BIS. If its an established server, you are twinking, and plan to get high end raid gear, high elf is BIS.

all that said, its a 20+ y/o elf sim, play what sounds fun to you. if you go hardcore it wont really matter in the end anyways. if you dont go hardcore, does it really matter anyways?
Old 03-13-2023, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Yea I know people even in velious that raided high elf and wished they were dwarf for the extra stamina.

People talk about bis velious like it’s nothing. Pretty much 99.9% of people will never get there, starting stats differences are no joke in a game of inches.
Old 03-13-2023, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I know people even in velious that raided high elf and wished they were dwarf for the extra stamina.

People talk about bis velious like it’s nothing. Pretty much 99.9% of people will never get there, starting stats differences are no joke in a game of inches.
Yea as human I just barely cap now with putting in stam and my gear is pretty good.
Old 03-13-2023, 06:14 PM
Aviak

I think I went 15 stam on my dwarf along w the agi

seems ok
Old 03-13-2023, 06:16 PM
Aviak

dorfs get the barrel roll which puts them above elves regardless of stats tbh
Old 03-13-2023, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

High Elf

Excellent choice, imo tied with half elves as best race for paladin. Can only worship Tunare, but if you want to rp a nature knight this is the obvious choice. Highest wis AND cha, very low str (which does hurt!).

Half Elf

Again, tied with high elf as best race. Tunare is a good rp option here, but honestly all the deity options are. Rodcet or Erollisi half elf would be quality rp. Half elves are fun from a rp perspective bc they're those sad people that don't truly belong in a culture and have to do the found family thing. Lowest wis which is painful, but do not have the str issues of high elves.

Erudite

Tbh I think erudite and human are tied for second place. Quellious is the most sensible deity choice and it would be a lot of fun to rp as the "fighting for peace" type. Prexus is a strange way to go but I'm sure some have pulled it off and enjoy it. Erudin is a nifty starting city, though until Warrens most erudites gtfo Odus asap I think. Low str again like high elves, but the innate mr is very very nice. Blindness sucks hard.

Human

Tied with erudite for second place. Humans are like less cool versions of half elves kinda with stats that are balanced. Very good deity options, with the best imo being Rodcet and Erollisi. I was thinking the other day that a Karana paladin RPed as communist could be hilarious. Blind af again.

Dwarf

Dwarf paladins aren't true paladins in a RP sense as Brell is a destructive force of evil that harms the environment and everyone in it, and dwarves actually lack the capacity for complex emotions and are incapable of empathy. To be RPed well you would have to be drunk the entire time you were online and do emotes about vomiting and such. If you run out of alcohol you could do alcohol withdrawal emotes and pull hp items off and back on to cause injury to your character, or like get creative idk. Dwarves probably suffer fall damage more than any other race.
Old 03-13-2023, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dorfs get the barrel roll which puts them above elves regardless of stats tbh
cant wear PD robe, clearly inferior
Old 03-13-2023, 11:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i just now cap sta on my pally and my gears better, if you arent going full bis, sta is the way
I have 25 stamina to wiggle with, but I did put the 20 into Stamina at creation. I’m not maxed without Riotous Health, but with it? No problem.
Old 03-14-2023, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have 25 stamina to wiggle with, but I did put the 20 into Stamina at creation. I’m not maxed without Riotous Health, but with it? No problem.
I barely am with it, and I put into stam as human