Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 03-12-2023, 09:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Human can be a contender too, if it's ultimately better than a High Elf will sort of depend on if you can cap relevant stats with full BIS.

High Elf wis is better than human, but once again depends on gear but even with full BIS I suspect you won't cap wis together with all the melee attributes.
I’m not even close to full BiS and cap melee stats easily with FoS/Stam and my primal. High elf definitely is better than human, even in very average raid gear, but ultimately it doesn’t really matter. Velious definitely made the whole “play what you enjoy” concept much more feasible.
Old 03-12-2023, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But the butcher block hammer is negative 10 cha and as all the yahoos in this thread keep repeating you just gotta have that extra cha for leveling. Advising ppl who are new or casual that the stat they want on their paladin is cha is top tier lol. Not a single person itt has a clue what the actual statistical difference is between x cha number and the chance to crit resist a calm is. Spoiler alert 35 str is a significantly better stat then 35 cha for a casual melee trying to level and it's not even a competition.
Tbf, there was a thread about it a while back: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=327383

Quote:
Old 06-07-2019, 08:12 PM
Sarnak

in 200 attempts, at 255 CHA, 12 crit resists, or a 6% rate.

Just as a reminder, the results from original test were:
95 Cha, 200 tests -- 71 critical resists (ie 35.5% crit rate)
200 Cha, 200 tests -- 15 critical resists (ie 7% crit rate)

Another way to look at this, if you're fighting low blue mobs consistently and lull is resisting only 1/4 times (these numbers are pulled from my ass for the sake of an estimate only, I have no idea what it would actually be, although I feel like low blues generally rarely resist so this may even be conservative), with the Crit rates above, you'd basically be getting a crit failure every:

95 cha (35.5%) - Crit every 11.3 casts
200 cha (7%) - Crit every 57.1 casts
255 cha (6%) - Crit every 66.7 casts
Need someone to perform similar tests with divine intervention, not that clerics would waste the emeralds on a paladin since they already blow through enough reagents as is on regular buffs, but still, wouldn't hurt testing on a warrior for general info. Much more of a pita to do though obviously.
Old 03-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Yea Ennewi. I recall that thread and how returns did diminish with higher CHA. Not to say a crit resist in seb is exactly low impact but if true the results from 65 to 150 is massive.

If I was worried about a solo adventure I’d get the basic items and not sweat the rest. I carry them all including a near full set of Ragefire armor (no BP) and some non-visual pieces but just never click that much:

Glamour proc sword: 32
Overseer signet x2: 16
Crude stein: 15
Jester crown: 30
Total: 93

That puts a dwarf at 148 and most races much higher. Glamour scales with level but even at 26 when the Luminary sword procs you would get 29 so a total of 145.
Old 03-12-2023, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m not even close to full BiS and cap melee stats easily with FoS/Stam and my primal. High elf definitely is better than human, even in very average raid gear, but ultimately it doesn’t really matter. Velious definitely made the whole “play what you enjoy” concept much more feasible.
i just now cap sta on my pally and my gears better, if you arent going full bis, sta is the way
Old 03-12-2023, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i just now cap sta on my pally and my gears better, if you arent going full bis, sta is the way
Same here. 70 base STA and all Hp gear. I need a Rocksmasher to hit 214 unbuffed STA.
Old 03-12-2023, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same here. 70 base STA and all Hp gear. I need a Rocksmasher to hit 214 unbuffed STA.
i also never felt like i needed more then 100cha, i never had issues going through lets say hole to meet a group. at worst you can root/camp in most dungeons. its really not that big of deal, capping sta if you ever plan to raid is nice tho.
Old 03-12-2023, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

It’s a tough call I gotta say.

For a new server high elf is a shitty road you’re gunna be weak for the entire best era

Long term a high elf stats are gunna be better

But don’t play a race you hate the looks of. Human is a good
Middle ground I guess you get to be a respectable citizen but also OK stats. Blind sucks with the new weird darkness
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-13-2023, 12:48 AM
Sarnak

It really sucks to play human or erudite now with the darkness. There are almost no infravision or ultravision items that you actually want to wear. I guess erudites have that shield, but whatever. It sucks ass all the way up until you get some Velious endgame item that just happens to have it as a worn effect, and there aren't even that many of those. Prior to that, you pretty much have to wear some really bad item just so you can see. It's horrible when you don't have it built into an item that you would wear anyway regardless. And no, items with the glow effect are not the same and don't do enough.
Last edited by Bockscar; 03-13-2023 at 12:52 AM..
Old 03-13-2023, 08:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockscar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It really sucks to play human or erudite now with the darkness. There are almost no infravision or ultravision items that you actually want to wear. I guess erudites have that shield, but whatever. It sucks ass all the way up until you get some Velious endgame item that just happens to have it as a worn effect, and there aren't even that many of those. Prior to that, you pretty much have to wear some really bad item just so you can see. It's horrible when you don't have it built into an item that you would wear anyway regardless. And no, items with the glow effect are not the same and don't do enough.
Myep. That’s why you roll paladin on Green 2.0 and get a Guise and be the man your girlfriend wants you to be. You’ll still technically have blue balls though, unless you went female paladin which is peak fashion until velious with dark elf cone helmets.
Old 03-13-2023, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

I would situationally use a Stalwart Seas shield or swap in a Glowing Stone Band if I got turned around until I got a Crown of Hatred. The shield is in the bank for CR’s.

Eyepatch of The Shadows is decent. Less so if you are stam capped but it’s certainly tolerable for most folks.