Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 02-07-2023, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was selling something in the tunnel the other day.

Some guy asks how much I'm selling it for. I let him know the price I was looking for - literally the lowest number possible listed on the Wiki Item page.

He comes back with a ridiculous low number like 75% off of what I offer.

I say I can't do that, but I lower my initial price by 30% and offer that instead.

He gets all passive aggressive and says "Good luck selling it for that much".

5 minutes later someone buys my item for MORE than I was initially asking for lol
I re-read this post like 40 times, and I finally get it. The first guy is a leprechaun and his good luck wishes gave you the luck of selling it better.
Old 02-07-2023, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I re-read this post like 40 times, and I finally get it. The first guy is a leprechaun and his good luck wishes gave you the luck of selling it better.
Yeah, I might have read him wrong and it could've been actually a wholesome experience.

He was in Vanquish though...
Old 02-07-2023, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

There are a lot of nice people out there. Even jerks who still have a heart to help people when they can.
Old 02-08-2023, 01:25 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are a lot of nice people out there. Even jerks who still have a heart to help people when they can.
I love the begrudgingly helpful ones. I'll just be asking around about SoW in ooc... and then a halfling comes up, gives me all the druid buffs, then ports away as quick as he came.

All the while saying nothing. Even sending a tell that says thank is met with no reply.

Or randomly being handed a decent item while at the bank and told if I don't take it then they're going to destroy it. Even accepting pp in return, if you're a weirdo like me. Although some outright deny even that. Then poof, they are gone. Never to be seen again.

People are truly nice on p99. It actually threw me off by a large degree when it became evident. So used to toxicity being the norm.
Last edited by Sisythi; 02-08-2023 at 01:27 AM.. Reason: clarification
Old 02-15-2023, 10:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was selling something in the tunnel the other day.

Some guy asks how much I'm selling it for. I let him know the price I was looking for - literally the lowest number possible listed on the Wiki Item page.

He comes back with a ridiculous low number like 75% off of what I offer.

I say I can't do that, but I lower my initial price by 30% and offer that instead.

He gets all passive aggressive and says "Good luck selling it for that much".

5 minutes later someone buys my item for MORE than I was initially asking for lol
Been on server for 12 years. I've seen this happen millions of times. Some tool trying to KS your items for ridiculous discounts. If they are really a douche just /ignore.

As always, stick to your guns in EC. If your price is within an acceptable range (say 90-110%) it WILL sell depending upon how desperate or patient a buyer is. Remember, you are the seller. Sometimes with very high end items you just have to be patient. If you are selling an item that has a range of 800-1000pp, you can most certain ask for 1100. If someone needs it THAT DAY, they will buy it. If you are just trying to move and item, say OBO and let it go for the moderate discount (for me it's at most 10% off).
Last edited by WizardEQ; 02-15-2023 at 10:33 AM..
Old 02-15-2023, 10:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been on server for 12 years. I've seen this happen millions of times. Some tool trying to KS your items for ridiculous discounts. If they are really a douche just /ignore.

As always, stick to your guns in EC. If your price is within an acceptable range (say 90-110%) it WILL sell depending upon how desperate or patient a buyer is. Remember, you are the seller. Sometimes with very high end items you just have to be patient. If you are selling an item that has a range of 800-1000pp, you can most certain ask for 1100. If someone needs it THAT DAY, they will buy it. If you are just trying to move and item, say OBO and let it go for the moderate discount (for me it's at most 10% off).
I'm convinced that a great majority of the people in the tunnel are just shark-like item flippers.

Which I understand and I'm not knocking the hustle, but if you want to flip items - don't treat people like shit and gaslight them into thinking they're asking too much for an item.
Old 02-15-2023, 07:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
I'm convinced that a great majority of the people in the tunnel are just shark-like item flippers.

Which I understand and I'm not knocking the hustle, but if you want to flip items - don't treat people like shit and gaslight them into thinking they're asking too much for an item.
For me it's the sheer rudeness. I could live with the lowball offers, they're just annoying, it's the T-for-Trash tier rudeness that tends to accompany such offers. Absolute pond life.

It's only in... the last 3-6 months that I've noticed it getting really bad. I'm talking antisocial behaviour and the like. I think it's also busier than it was and maybe that's making it worse. But a year or two ago I could swear it was nowhere near as bad as it's got now.
Old 03-06-2023, 03:00 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1479 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- Is Need before Greed even a thing any more? More and more often groups basically go 'lol' and start rolling to the point i'm like F it I guess I'm just gonna roll on stuff that's semi valuable yet has nothing to do with my class...? I always thought if there was someone there that really needed it and would wear it, that would take priority... now i'm feeling like a sucker.
yeah thats not rly a thing when getting the drop requires everyone camping for many hours and is worth heavy plat
Old 03-06-2023, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I forget who, but this was someone's signature on the forums, and sums this up well:-

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-06-2023, 07:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I forget who, but this was someone's signature on the forums, and sums this up well:-

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
perfecto