Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 02-18-2023, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

trying to play in groups is going to be harder than just playing what you enjoy playing. i would suggest looking into twist macros on the bard they are much more chill with twist macros than a shaman is on any level. and bard songs stacking with basically everything makes them always valuable to a group. the issue is just there arent a lot of groups in general until you get to 50+ where people are doing quest and raid related groups.
Old 02-18-2023, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

I agree, I main bard for blue server, and a lot of folks talk about carpel tunnel or make jokes about its actions per minute, but even bard is far less active then ANY class on ANY other MMO today. Especially if you play games like FFXIV, or ARPG's like Path of Exile/Diablo etc or any modern FPS/RPG game. Bard presses literally nothing compared to the lot of them :P

Its just every other class presses less. Some press a button or two per minute ;D
Old 03-06-2023, 03:13 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorumi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shaman or cleric has been mentioned. You also might try a tank, especially one of the knights. They’re mostly auto attack and the occasional spell to hold agro. They occasionally have to pull but that’s often left up to others.
paladin has been great so far (lv35)

tanking is pretty fun and groups love having you around

soloing is pretty hard though unless you're fighting undead
Old 03-10-2023, 06:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree, I main bard for blue server, and a lot of folks talk about carpel tunnel or make jokes about its actions per minute, but even bard is far less active then ANY class on ANY other MMO today. Especially if you play games like FFXIV, or ARPG's like Path of Exile/Diablo etc or any modern FPS/RPG game. Bard presses literally nothing compared to the lot of them :P

Its just every other class presses less. Some press a button or two per minute ;D
I agree except in other modern MMO’s it’s literally button mashing. Smash 1 until you use the ability, you start smashing 2 so that it goes off as soon as the global cooldown on 1 is up etc. things like swing timers make that more intense, but still, it’s button “mashing” versus timed button pressing on a Bard. Something about that changes it for me and makes me want to play one way less. Having to watch the cast bar, click the next song, watch the cast bar, click the next song etc just makes it way too attentive for my ADHD brain lol
Old 03-13-2023, 01:30 AM
Aviak

Don't give up, really.
Old 03-13-2023, 12:43 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixteenmiles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but sometimes i want to be that guy who just sits at the back of a group and throws one spell and then sits and chats for the rest of the time.

so what's a good class for that?
wizard, for sure
Old 03-13-2023, 12:45 PM
Large Rat

IMO a wizard would be ideal for the play style you're describing.

In addition to the many fine points already mentioned about wizards, I'd like to add that you can also do ports and chat with passengers or quad kite solo and chat with the other kiters between pulls
Old 03-16-2023, 08:50 PM
Aviak

Shaman. Just dont cani dance and get a global cool down, burn your hps down and then sit. No one cares.