Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 01-28-2023, 01:04 PM
Orc

Default can i get a class rec?

i just came back after a couple of years break and i made an enchanter and a bard, and they're both cool and great and i enjoy them. but they're pretty active and intense. all that crowd control and twisting and mezzing and charming. it's a pretty intense playstyle. which i like, and i'm gonna keep playing them as my mains. but sometimes i want to be that guy who just sits at the back of a group and throws one spell and then sits and chats for the rest of the time.

so what's a good class for that?

something that has some depth and is interesting to *some* extent, but doesn't have to run around lulling and mezzing things and touching each end of the zone line to drag mobs around, and keep mental mez timers in your head, and worrying about charm breaking and shit.

something where maybe you drop your buffs, put a slow or a dot or a nuke on an enemy and then talk shit for the rest of the time but for some reason people still want you in groups constantly. i wanna be that guy today.

cheers.
Old 01-28-2023, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like pretty much any priest. Cleric and Shaman being the most wanted in groups. Cleric being the most relaxed playstyle.
Old 01-28-2023, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

Mage comes to mind. Send pet. Do great DPS. Chill. Rogue is similar. Both are not super deep though. Necro can be played lazily but shines when active. Shaman has potential to be chill as well if you're not the main healer. If being the main healer isn't a problem, then cleric is a solid choice as well.
Old 01-28-2023, 02:53 PM
Banned

Rogue is probably the most chill.

If you like casting spells, then Mage.

Cleric is chill, but you stare at health bars too much.

Shaman might be an option IF you have a Cleric in your group, if not, then it becomes hectic play because everyone expects you to do everything from buff, slow, heal, etc.

Rogue and Mage are probably the most chill group classes in my opinion.
Old 01-28-2023, 02:55 PM
Aviak

Shaman or cleric has been mentioned. You also might try a tank, especially one of the knights. They’re mostly auto attack and the occasional spell to hold agro. They occasionally have to pull but that’s often left up to others.
Old 01-28-2023, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah priest, is the way to go for stand up sit down action/

Wizard even better, but the issue is you'll spend a lot of times trying to find a group, rather than be invited to them.

If you want standup sit down, cleric/wizard... wizard is the ultimate, but yeah tough to get the opportunity with that class compared to the other.

The other you sit too long everyone is gonna be PISSED OFF, wizard you can go like 15 mins without even replying to anyone.

You can also probubly enjoy a necromancer.

Sit there and just send your pet in, and say you're on the phone all the time.
Old 01-28-2023, 03:06 PM
Banned

You could get by with playing Necro in a lazy/chill way, but playing them correctly can be active, but not stressful. Because none of your abilities are absolutely crucial to a group, but you act as general support that helps a group in little ways that smooth things out. Keeping HP topped off, and twitching Clerics. It really helps the healer, and when that happens, you can pull more.
Old 01-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

If you play a wizard and make it into a group, thats that class, but mage is ALSO that class and gets groups easier. I think mage you'd love in fact.

Cleric is also kind of that but peoples lives depend on you more ;D
Old 01-28-2023, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

All classes played well have comparatively similar APM.

Wiz. Clr. Mage is what you are looking for.

You can play an ench this way. However groups have come to expect more than C2 haste and the occasional cc.

Melees typically have to pull and therefore handle mechanics. So they can be extremely high APM and very active. Even rogues. Although it's like a two button rotation with macros.

Shms requires canni dancing and constant overwatch of buffs so just as bad as bards.

Solo a druid can get by on a low APM afk ish play style.

Don't be afraid to solo on a wiz with long afks. You can get a lot done irl this way. Or literally kill a few mobs. Nap. Kill a few more when you wake up.

You can even play a necro this way. Just life tap tanking or nuking mobs with a dot and pet out. And afking afterwards.

Wizard solo exp is pretty awesome if you just don't feel like putting in the effort for groups. You can literally zoom. Past. Epicced rogues this way by just consistently killing mobs.
Last edited by magnetaress; 01-28-2023 at 05:52 PM..
Old 01-28-2023, 08:28 PM
Orc

thanks for all the recs. i guess i'll roll up a shaman or a mage... i just had an impression mages weren't very wanted in groups. but maybe it turns out that's wizards? who'd have known