Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 03-16-2023, 07:03 AM
Skeleton

Default Starting fresh in the swamp.

Just starting out on p99 green as a troll shaman.

Just wondering if there's certain items I should be looking for or quest turn ins I can use to obtain entry level armor.

Always played a iksar prior so the swamp besides guk is new to me.

Any tips or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Look me up in game as always. Barocka troll shaman.
Old 03-16-2023, 11:36 PM
Skeleton

Typo on my part. Berocka
Old 03-17-2023, 01:48 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome. Troll shamans are a cool choice. Regen is nice to have. Trolls who worship innoruuk can get a cool infinite clicky snare necklace eventually in Neriak.

Get some mesh armor from frogs until you get some large banded, otherwise, shaman are great even ungeared.
Old 03-17-2023, 02:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quest turn ins aren't great in the swamp/feerott sadly. However having Guk on your doorstep, once you can defeat the two guards outside I'd say its definitely worth exploring in there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-17-2023, 02:36 AM
Sarnak

from https://wiki.project1999.com/Grobb_Starting_Guide

Quote:
Fire beetle eyes: drop off various beetles in Feerrott & South Ro (A Job for Nanrum, Basher Nanrum)
Bone Chips: drops off decaying skeletons and skeletons (Bone Chips Grobb, Hukulk)
Spore Mushrooms: drops off fungus spores in Innothule (Help Hergor Get Fatter, Carver Cagrek)
Snake Scales & Bone Chips: drop off various snakes and skeletons, respectively (Majik Power, Kaglari)
Froglok Tadpole Flesh & Froglok Meat: drops off froglok tads and various frogloks, respectively (Ranjor's Test, Ranjor)
Wolf Meat: drops off various wolves in Feerrott and jackals in South Ro (Wolf Meat for Wista, Wista)
Deathfist Slashed Belts: drops off various orcs in South Ro and the Commonlands (More Help for Innoruuk, Kaglari)
Froglok Meat: drops off various frogloks in Innothule Swamp and Guk (Oven Mittens, Carver Cagrek)
You can get some basic armor and decent lil chunks of xp and plat by simply holding onto shit that is dropping anyway.
Old 03-17-2023, 07:45 AM
Skeleton

Thanks for the input. Community has already been great. Couple people let me loot some guards in town for some cash which was a huge help. Got level 7 was gonna log and a halfling druid from the guild pals buffed me and said go kill and followed me around. Let's just say 7 to 9 was like 40 mins. Pretty awesome.
Old 03-18-2023, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa6four [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the input. Community has already been great. Couple people let me loot some guards in town for some cash which was a huge help. Got level 7 was gonna log and a halfling druid from the guild pals buffed me and said go kill and followed me around. Let's just say 7 to 9 was like 40 mins. Pretty awesome.
Pals do seem like some good people.
Old 03-18-2023, 04:53 PM
Fire Giant

Grobb/Oggok is super underrated. Pro-tip: Innothule is pretty dicey with the water. Stick to the surrounding zones (SRO/Feerrot). Consider getting bound in Oggok.

Oggok has great newbie quests: https://wiki.project1999.com/Oggok#Newbie_Quests

In particular, this is a great quest https://wiki.project1999.com/The_Emissary

The bag is bangin (I use this on all my chars at 60), and the spear is magic!

This quest is great for cash/armor: https://wiki.project1999.com/Lizard_Tails

Check this out for Grobb/Innothule quests: https://wiki.project1999.com/Grobb_S..._Shopping_List

Stay safe out there green one. Bash em gud.
Old 03-18-2023, 05:36 PM
Skeleton

Thanks for the wonderful ideas and tips. Leveling is going great. Currently 16 and have had some folks stop and help. Got a slime coated harpoon and some banded which has helped a ton. Been trying to save for hp rings but as spells go they tap ya hard. Haha head down foot forward let's go