Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-17-2023, 08:32 PM
Sarnak

The plot thickens: Fellspine appears to have stopped spawning by Sept 2001

Posted @ Sun, Sep 23rd 3:34 AM 2001 Score: Good[4.00]
My group have been farming Fellspine for months now and since last patch he haven't been spawning anymore. It is highly possible that Fellspine have been removed. It used to spawn below the tower connected by 3 bridges. There is an alcove underwater where a single seahorse is parked there. Very prominent so you can't miss it.

Will need additional research. Found another comment with the same thing...

The story so far:

Elna...

In January/February 2002 Elna's loot included the Bowl of Watery Protection, Siren hair Earring, Siren Hair Locket, BP Gems, 55+ spells. Reportedly a rare spawn that takes 5 days to get. This Mob should be in the game from the Velious release until after the project's timeline. The spawn location has it near the "well" that Prismatica pointed to as its current spawn point, so I think that nearly matches classic comments.

Misstress should be in the game where Helsia is currently spawning. Her drops include Sleeves of the Kelpmaindens, Gloomwater Bow, Lyendlln's Lute, plus BP gems, 55+ spells. It should have a rapid respawn mechanic where upon death it will respawn very quickly sometimes, 50% chance to respawn on death or something.

Helsia: nov 19, 2001 is the Earliest reference I can find for her existing. Judgement call from Devs as to where the project timeline ends. If she is in the game, she is spawning near Misstress.
Old 01-18-2023, 01:10 AM
Planar Protector

Still mention of drop as of early September 2001, which contradicts the 'months of farming' they spent trying to get him to spawn. Saw some mention of his PH could get stuck, wouldn't get past something like him spawning under world for a time and suiciding 32k on spawn like that one WW dragon did for a while in classic.

Would need more evidence to remove I think, tons of people were confused on where to find him even with people describing where to farm.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...00034330457787
Quote:
Sep 03 2001 at 12:06 AMRating: Default
__DEL__1591766593903
5 posts
Uhhh .. I'm not in an Uber guild and we got this just the other day. We got it off of Felspine who isn't really all that hard. Seems a bit tougher than the other sea horses there. We did this with two groups. Sure most of us were 55+ but that still doesn't mean we are in an Uber guild.

And for that matter it doesnt' take an Uber guild to do all these dragons. It just takes a bit of strategy.. some high lvls.. decent gear and teamwork. We have over 30 people easy who are 55+ and we could do Trak with that. I've seen him done with far fewer than 30.. I think I heard the fewest amount was 18 ppl.
Edit: Maybe i misunderstood original poster, saying they have been successfully farming for several months and as of last patch (which would be 9/11/2001) he hasn't seen him spawn since. Will keep on my radar
Last edited by Rygar; 01-18-2023 at 01:14 AM..
Old 01-18-2023, 11:17 AM
Fire Giant

I recommend you make another post if you want to talk about Felspine as it might muddy the discussion and delay any updates to the lute and ML, which I think are very well established in this thread.

Unless the purpose of this thread is the entirety of the SG state on p99, in which case there are many other items we would want to include.
Old 01-18-2023, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiter02 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recommend you make another post if you want to talk about Felspine as it might muddy the discussion and delay any updates to the lute and ML, which I think are very well established in this thread.

Unless the purpose of this thread is the entirety of the SG state on p99, in which case there are many other items we would want to include.
I found 3 posts stating it was being farmed past our timeline by a few months, so there is no need for another thread. It wasn't removed in the project's timeline. I think we have all the bases covered to move forward.
Old 03-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20010619...per/index.html

Quote:
February 21th, 2001

Added Lyendiln's Lute to the Music Room. You guys better get your guilds to Siren's Grotto, there's about 4 or 5 nice instruments that have dropped in there now!
A new song has been added to EQ, and the Songs page, it's called Cassindra's Chant of Thought, and it's found in the East Commons Tunnel on a new vendor, near the Shady Swashbuckler.