Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-19-2023, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are missing at least 800 numbers. Hopes this helps you learn to count.
whenever you keep responding, itll get there, hope that helps.
Old 02-19-2023, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whenever you keep responding, itll get there, hope that helps.
Glad to hear I'm helping you learn to count. Hope this helps.
Old 02-19-2023, 12:15 AM
Planar Protector

you just cant help but have the last word, even when you are wrong
Old 02-19-2023, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you just cant help but have the last word, even when you are wrong
If you think I am wrong, please show why. I am sorry, but saying "You are wrong" is not an argument. Hope this helps.
Old 02-19-2023, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

watch youll respond to this absolutely nothing post
Old 02-19-2023, 02:26 AM
Fire Giant

thrust.jpg
Old 02-19-2023, 03:50 AM
Planar Protector

That looks like much too much twork.
Old 02-19-2023, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you think I am wrong, please show why.
I did, when I told you that stuff mostly collects dust in the bags when you're in tougher areas. You didn't listen and not-so-subtly implied you think I don't know what I'm doing.

Let's give ourselves a common frame of reference: Raiding doesn't matter overmuch on a hybrid because a) raiding is inherently easy anyway due to zerg numbers, and b) hybrids are not ideal raiders regardless. Solo doesn't matter overmuch on a melee in this game because if you want to primarily solo, you're on a caster. So let's talk duo/trio, the kind of smallman stuff where hybrids are at their best.

Where are you hanging out with that type of duo or trio? What is your specific composition?

Sebilite Juggernauts
Velketor castle
Khelkor Icepaw
Broodmother
Guardian Wurms
Chardok named
Spore King
DN ratmen (chetari)
DN ratmen (pebala)
Hateplane
Skyshrine upper floors
Kael Drakkel arena
Charasis south
Charasis east
Siren's Grotto
Hole undead tower
Mischief

That's a fair starter list for the types of places I'm thinking of. There are a few areas on that list where the Blood Ember clicks make things faster. More often you'll have a certain amount of downtime between rounds regardless. There are many places on that list where another ~40 AC would be thoroughly welcome.
Old 02-19-2023, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did, when I told you that stuff mostly collects dust in the bags when you're in tougher areas. You didn't listen and not-so-subtly implied you think I don't know what I'm doing.

Let's give ourselves a common frame of reference: Raiding doesn't matter overmuch on a hybrid because a) raiding is inherently easy anyway due to zerg numbers, and b) hybrids are not ideal raiders regardless. Solo doesn't matter overmuch on a melee in this game because if you want to primarily solo, you're on a caster. So let's talk duo/trio, the kind of smallman stuff where hybrids are at their best.

Where are you hanging out with that type of duo or trio? What is your specific composition?

Sebilite Juggernauts
Velketor castle
Khelkor Icepaw
Broodmother
Guardian Wurms
Chardok named
Spore King
DN ratmen (chetari)
DN ratmen (pebala)
Hateplane
Skyshrine upper floors
Kael Drakkel arena
Charasis south
Charasis east
Siren's Grotto
Hole undead tower
Mischief

That's a fair starter list for the types of places I'm thinking of. There are a few areas on that list where the Blood Ember clicks make things faster. More often you'll have a certain amount of downtime between rounds regardless. There are many places on that list where another ~40 AC would be thoroughly welcome.
I wasn't trying to imply you don't know what you are doing. I said "I am level 60" isn't an argument, nor is "other people agree, therefore I am right". Also, assuming a level 58 doesn't understand the class is another non argument. Shadowknights aren't like Shamans, they don't dramatically change at 60.

Just because you don't use the clickies, that doesn't mean they are worse than Greenmist. That is the discussion. You can choose to play without the clickies and do just fine. I never said you can't play that way. But you are not taking advantage of them, which is costing you mana. For your playstyle it may not matter. Again, completely fine.

That doesn't change the fact the Blood Ember is better than Greenmist, unless you can show evidence to counter my points. If "I don't use it, therefore its bad" is a valid argument, then I could say the same thing for Greenmist[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-19-2023 at 12:33 PM..
Old 02-19-2023, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

It is pretty nice to have like 100ish MR for everyday gameplay, especially a tank. In many dungeons, almost half the mobs you fight will be casters. Getting rooted, snared, slowed and whatnot is really uncool, and 100 MR is where you'll usually resist these from blue mobs.
Last edited by greatdane; 02-19-2023 at 01:06 PM..