Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 10-03-2023, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly this. Luclin was seen as amazing on release, and still is. If there was a P99 quality server up to Luclin, I'd be willing to bet a huge chunk of the playerbase would go there. TAKP just wasn't it.

PoP had fantastic raid zones, but PoKnowledge unfortunately did absolutely ruin the original vibe of the game.

Always said a Luclin server that has PoPower zones scattered around the world (besides Tranquility and Knowledge) would be perfect.
This. And yeah. Wow and eq2... ugh.

GoD was good once they launched OoW
Old 10-03-2023, 11:42 PM
Banned

World of Warcraft will be the death of Ever Quest
Old 10-04-2023, 09:45 PM
Kobold

1600atm vs 1300 (Blue+Green) combined
Old 10-05-2023, 01:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzHaN80 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1600atm vs 1300 (Blue+Green) combined
P99 15 years

Quarm... 4 days

Talk to me in a year. This post is gonna age well
Old 10-05-2023, 01:54 AM
Banned

Guessing a lot of quarm players will be p99 players with both open at once doing camps or chill farming or what not
Old 10-05-2023, 07:42 AM
Orc

I have played on TAKP and tried Quarm. I didn't like TAKP. Quarm? Uh well....

I like the idea of Quarm, EQ up to PoP, and tried it for a few hours, but the mouse controls/view perspectives kill it for me. Third person perspective is abysmal and wonky at best; it's unpleasant to me. People who are used to first person shooter perspective won't care. I do. I don't play FPSs and don't like them. The perspective is one of the biggest reasons. Premise is another.

It's about immersion in the world for me and third person gives me that. It's about situational awareness in the world and third person gives me that. It's also a problem that is a me problem. In dungeons, tight and twisting 3D generated terrain and some other circumstances with graphics, first person perspective make me physically sick. I mean complete with throwing up and all if I don't stop immediately and take an hour or so to lie down and quell it. I do not experience this will third person view, except I did on Quarm because of the wonkiness of the mouse controls/viewing perspective.

All that said, I would really like to see a version of EQ based on the Windows client that goes up to PoP or maybe just Luclin. I don't know, the Phlarg Fiends in Paludal Caverns just cracked me up. What in the heck even is a Phlarg? ����
Old 10-05-2023, 08:22 AM
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What in the heck even is a Phlarg? ����
A fiend!

🤔🤣😅😱😈👾
Old 10-05-2023, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have played on TAKP and tried Quarm. I didn't like TAKP. Quarm? Uh well....

I like the idea of Quarm, EQ up to PoP, and tried it for a few hours, but the mouse controls/view perspectives kill it for me. Third person perspective is abysmal and wonky at best; it's unpleasant to me. People who are used to first person shooter perspective won't care. I do. I don't play FPSs and don't like them. The perspective is one of the biggest reasons. Premise is another.

It's about immersion in the world for me and third person gives me that. It's about situational awareness in the world and third person gives me that. It's also a problem that is a me problem. In dungeons, tight and twisting 3D generated terrain and some other circumstances with graphics, first person perspective make me physically sick. I mean complete with throwing up and all if I don't stop immediately and take an hour or so to lie down and quell it. I do not experience this will third person view, except I did on Quarm because of the wonkiness of the mouse controls/viewing perspective.

All that said, I would really like to see a version of EQ based on the Windows client that goes up to PoP or maybe just Luclin. I don't know, the Phlarg Fiends in Paludal Caverns just cracked me up. What in the heck even is a Phlarg? ����
Your disinterest in a first person perspective is concerning. You clearly associate it with violence ("first person shooter" is your term) and that you do not find it gives you "situational awareness." Disorientation, unsteady gait.

Ego dysphoria is defined, in the DSM, as an unwillingess or discomfort, in assuming the first person voice, especially in the present tense. Such people can *recall* first person experiences but will slip into the classic "robot voice from The Shining" if you ask them to describe their "first person" in the present.

[uses finger to talk] Do you hear me? Is this bad?
Old 10-05-2023, 01:18 PM
Banned

lol great one Sadre !
Old 10-05-2023, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

What was so great about Luclin, the new character models were horrible, that right there basically killed it for me. The bazaar killed EC. Cats on the moon, the lore was just outright strange and didn't fit. And I absolutely hated AA's, meant people just stayed at max level grinding out AA's instead of creating alts, killed the grouping 1-50 game considerably cause the grind was basically FOREVER to max out a character. What was left of grouping, all pooled into Paladul Caverns, leaving almost everything else 1-30 just empty zones. And as others have eluded to competition killed EQ, and it started with Dark Age of Camelot at first, then EQ2 and WoW was the death blow.