Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-25-2023, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

These forums are a treasure trove of natural language. It's a valuable fucking thing, those LLM's shouldn't be getting it for nothing

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-25-2023, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-25-2023, 10:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The better part is when people announce that they've put you on ignore like anyone ever cares.
The worst is shadowbanning IMO

When a company like Twitter used to essentially put someone on mute but not even notify them, causing them to waste their time posting to no one pissing into the wind

It’s the ultimate F U. I personally wouldn’t do it as a company to my worst enemy, but I guess when you need to be the hero of your own story and feel like you are triumphing over eeeevil, anything goes
Old 08-25-2023, 11:01 PM
Banned

^
Wanted to amend that maybe Twitter (not calling it X they can go F themselves) still does this and even if they do, they should be required to have on their terms of service that no one reads giant red print that says “BTW if we happen to not like what you post based on our biased ideas of what we like on that day, we will do everything in our power to trick you into wasting your time on our site”

Then at least they’re being transparent. And I wonder who could even think of shadowbanning as a concept. Some next-level sociopath is sitting there like “guys, guys, banning is just not enough. We got to steal from them, and if they aren’t paying, we can at least steal their time by making them waste it. Hey what about we accidentally leak their info and doxx? Oh too far? Ok, well let’s put a pin in that idea, maybe for a future meeting”
Old 08-25-2023, 11:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

When a company like Twitter used to essentially put someone on mute but not even notify them, causing them to waste their time posting to no one pissing into the wind

It’s the ultimate F U. I personally wouldn’t do it as a company to my worst enemy, but I guess when you need to be the hero of your own story and feel like you are triumphing over eeeevil, anything goes
Used to be called hellban and was regarded as very cruel and psychologically damaging.
Old 08-26-2023, 02:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That's fair. A shady practice no doubt. If you're going to shadow ban, you might as well straight ban, but maybe the shadow ban is temporary and they want the user to continue to engage in the service.
Old 08-26-2023, 04:32 AM
Planar Protector

Shadow ban maybe done to prevent ban evading alt accounts?

Maybe let shadow banned folks view only similarly shadowbanned folks’ content? Basically create an RNF version of the service populated by only trolls/offenders/etc.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-26-2023, 09:56 AM
Banned

the trick is to shadowban a bunch of ppl together into an echo chamber that reinforces their psychoseses
Old 08-26-2023, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the trick is to shadowban a bunch of ppl together into an echo chamber that reinforces their psychoseses
This is basically person centred counselling. It's affirmative, validating, minimises challenge to a person's view and encourages them to find solutions to their own issues .

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-26-2023, 11:28 AM
Sarnak

Apparently someone has me on ignore, weird.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>