Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-05-2023, 11:14 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There must be hundreds of people at this point with lost access to their account. Please can you just get rid of the SMS system and allow resets through the email like with the forum account.
It's an unnecessary level of protection that's borked.
This...keep checking this every few days to try and get SMS to work, see an update, and spam my login browser with random passwords to see if my brain jobs and I input the correct one somehow. Rather annoying. Combined with zero news on a new server really dampens my love for p99.
Old 10-29-2023, 09:36 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I clicked the wrong button for my sms password reset is there anyway to rest that?
Old 11-03-2023, 01:11 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default SMS down again?

Trying to reset a PW and not getting the SMS to come through. is it down again?
Old 11-08-2023, 09:39 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Hi guys i not sure where i can put this, but, i try to login in my account loginserver and coudnt , them i found out the Loginserver Accounts have dissaper,.

What i have to do?

Thanks.
Old 11-10-2023, 01:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOjeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello! After switching my password back and forth today in order to let a friend onto my account, my new password stopped working all together. When trying to set up the SMS verification for the account it says that my phone number is blacklisted from too many failed attempts - I entered a friends phone number too, which was also rejected. What am I supposed to do in this case?
It's a frustrating situation you're facing with your password and SMS verification. Consider reaching out to the platform's support immediately, explaining the issue. They can assist in unlocking your account, resolving the blacklisting, and ensuring secure access. Prompt communication with the support team should expedite the resolution process.
Old 11-10-2023, 01:12 AM
Banned

Password recoveries are a digital lifeline, rescuing users from the maze of forgotten access. In a world inundated with online accounts, these processes act as the keys to our virtual kingdoms. They symbolize the delicate balance between security and accessibility. The dance of authentication questions, email verifications, or SMS codes is a necessary ritual, reminding us of the importance of safeguarding our digital identities. Yet, it also exposes the vulnerability of forgetting these digital gatekeepers. The convenience of password recoveries is a technological blessing, a bridge back to our online realms, underlining the symbiotic relationship between user memory and the digital guardians of our accounts.
Old 01-02-2024, 05:08 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default User Password Recoveries.

Password recoveries are a crucial aspect of online security, ensuring that users regain access to their accounts swiftly and securely. Timely and reliable recovery processes contribute to a positive user experience, reinforcing trust in platforms that prioritize the protection of personal information.
Old 01-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Password recoveries are a digital lifeline, rescuing users from the maze of forgotten access. In a world inundated with online accounts, these processes act as the keys to our virtual kingdoms. They symbolize the delicate balance between security and accessibility. The dance of authentication questions, email verifications, or SMS codes is a necessary ritual, reminding us of the importance of safeguarding our digital identities. Yet, it also exposes the vulnerability of forgetting these digital gatekeepers. The convenience of password recoveries is a technological blessing, a bridge back to our online realms, underlining the symbiotic relationship between user memory and the digital guardians of our accounts.
Your eloquent reflection beautifully captures the intricate dance between security and accessibility in the realm of password recoveries. It highlights the delicate balance technology strikes in safeguarding our digital identities, emphasizing the crucial role these processes play in our interconnected online lives. Well-articulated and thought-provoking
Old 01-15-2024, 12:10 AM
Orc

Waiting and waiting and waiting for email with new password as promised through the automated system....

Click this link and password will reset and sent to you.

3 hours later nothing yet....
Old 01-15-2024, 01:09 AM
Orc

...and still waiting...