Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 11:22 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Thinking of trying Project 1999 out

Hi all,

So my friend and I are thinking of giving Project 1999 a try as we were reminiscing about our old EQ adventures the other day.

I actually went to my storage unit to find my copy of EQ Titanium and found just about every game I bought in the last 15 years (including my original EQ, Kunark, and Trilogy CDs) EXCEPT Titanium. Go figure. Next weekend I'm going to completely dismantle my storage to see if I can find it.

Anyways, I was curious to know what the community is like going up through the low levels? My fear is that I log on and I'm the only level 1 our there and everyone else is 50 and I have to solo my way up.

Any input you might have would be greatly appreciated, although first I have to dig up that damn Titanium box...

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2013, 11:23 AM
VIP / Contributor

Great community, lots of new lower level players. No reason not to give it a try [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-20-2013, 11:24 AM
Kobold

There are many low and mid level players running around, its a great server, definitely give it a go.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:25 AM
Fire Giant

You won't have trouble finding groups. I'm new and its great.

Fabben - Ogre Magician
Old 08-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Fire Giant

Not at all. There is a healthy playerbase of low and mid-level players.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Sarnak

Lot's of people to group with. If you start anywhere around EC you can get good buffs and there's always lowbies at the orc camps and just running around killing scarabs, wolfs, bears, etc... Give it a try!
Old 08-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, there are plenty of lower-level players around. Someone who did a census kind of dealie on the server and found over 7000 characters over the course of a couple months actually found that only about 1/4 of those characters were 50+. During primetime you'll find groups almost anywhere, and even at 10 am eastern you'll be able to put something together in the popular spots like EC, crushbone, oasis, unrest, mistmoore, etc.

You don't HAVE to dig up that titanium box [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(in before pictures of johnny depp)
Old 08-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avitus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually went to my storage unit to find my copy of EQ Titanium and found just about every game I bought in the last 15 years (including my original EQ, Kunark, and Trilogy CDs) EXCEPT Titanium. Go figure. Next weekend I'm going to completely dismantle my storage to see if I can find it.
There are "other" ways to acquire EQ Titanium, you just need to know where to look... and I don't mean your storage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On a totally unrelated matter, did anyone ever play that Pirates of the Burning Sea game? Seemed to suck some of the WoW players out of my guild back in the day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-20-2013, 12:01 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are "other" ways to acquire EQ Titanium, you just need to know where to look... and I don't mean your storage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On a totally unrelated matter, did anyone ever play that Pirates of the Burning Sea game? Seemed to suck some of the WoW players out of my guild back in the day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
u will find a lot of players in the 1-45 range.

as for PotBS, i was following that game for a LONG time. i was hoping itd be like Sid Meyers "PIRATES!" but online. and it wasn't.

would still LOVE a pirate mmo

ARGH

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 08-20-2013, 12:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I started a couple weeks ago with a few old EQ friends, we are having just as much fun as we did back in 1999 when we started. I'm enjoying myself more here than I have in any other MMO for years. Also haven't had any problem finding groups so far and most zones seem to be well populated.

Plus with Velious coming soon, we'll get to sail on a ship with gnome pirates all over again! Who doesn't enjoy going and seeing some pirates?