Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Default Guide-controlled NPCs

As some sand giants and spectres were running amok in oasis just now, someone randomly said something like, "maybe it's a GM training you!"

And that made me think that it would be super awesome if guides did occasionally take control of run-of-the-mill NPCs and nameds for some extra fun.

Next best thing to players getting to grief each other via spawning as NPCs!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:20 PM
Sarnak

When I was guiding we ran events where we were certain mobs, one was a sand giant chasing a high elf but if I remember right the characters were created by the GM's and able to be selected and logged into in our character selection screen. I dunno it's been a long time >.< But yeah! Would be pretty cool to have some events like that.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

I heartily support this idea.

Especially on the end game mobs. Special powaz!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

i remember the first time i did monster missions, i was naggy or something. it was fun as hell wiping a whole raid. also project M was the ultimate griefing experience.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

GM events were awesome, one of my favorites was the one with Hefty and Lefty, two Halfling rogues who could be paid by players to go and kill other players. When we showed up they had the option to pay us more money to reverse the hit and then we'd go back to the original player and kill them instead.

Was a lot of them that were a lot of fun.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:26 PM
Fire Giant

the best part of it was guides being blinded and killed by people who know npcs where controlled.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:29 PM
VIP / Contributor

How do you know that when you pull one mob and 30 come that it wasn't us that did it? mwuahahha
Old 08-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you know that when you pull one mob and 30 come that it wasn't us that did it? mwuahahha
I'd be much more entertained with the good ol HS HT death train if I knew someone actually made it happen and it wasn't just bad luck or me being dumb... lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GM events were awesome
I'd get a kick out of it even if it wasn't a "GM event." Just a guide taking control of something and running it around in a way that that NPC would never normally do, or sticking to a cleric/enchanter/wizard even with the tank going crazy trying to peel it off, stuff like that. Nothing crazy, but different enough that the players think "now wtf?!"

Lord Shin Ree running over to orc 2 to help his buddies out. A named that everyone leaves up in HS south circling the wing to look for intruders. Dino deciding to go for a swim over to seafuries to see if there are any fun humanoids to munch on there. Stuff like that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 08-19-2013 at 07:35 PM..
Closed Thread