Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 05:54 PM
Banned

If you played live you know that almost nobody was meditating during a mob encounter.

Shit's classic, deal with it.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you played live you know that almost nobody was meditating during a mob encounter.

Nonsense. I can easily see in my mind a poor little dwarf cleric sitting with us in the backroom of Unrest, no one was twinked and no one had breeze. He was sitting so much during each fight trying to claw back mana, that people were complaining he wasn't healing.

He was stuck apologizing for trying to save mana to heal! Now that's classic.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

Bazia sucks anyway disregard what he says.

I just get "this message is hidden because the person is on your ignore list" when he posts.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:08 PM
Large Bat

Slightly off topic, but I can remember watching casters sit near the wall at the zone in for PoH not knowing any better. It was all slow motion before we were raped by ghouls.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:14 PM
Sarnak

I'm confused. There seems to be some mixup between proximity aggro and sit aggro. It sounds like you guys finally fixed proximity aggro, but made it to sitting players only? All players nearby an engaged mob should be put on the aggro list via proximity aggro. See the fansy the bard thing.

Sitting did give you more aggro, like an aggro multiplier, but not something a disease cloud/flame lick or whatever couldn't take care of intially. You wouldn't sit on inc because a lot of the time the puller wouldn't have more than proximity aggro... so your sit proximity aggro would be higher than the puller's low aggro. Later in the fight I'm sure while you sat it was still just a multiplier of whatever aggro you had, until you stood again.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sit agro should dissipate around 90% mob hps or so and if a caster has built up enough hate, he should pull agro if he sits down. This is what I remember from live.
+1
Old 02-23-2014, 06:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Don't think they know what actually has happened here. pulling a mob on top of a sitting person, with a near empty threat list, will get them attacked = classic. Killing a mob to near death and randomly sitting and getting aggro is NOT classic.
nilbog was actually standing in our camp, watching what was happening on three pulls before he left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

please explain how chain pulls were possible then when every caster was regenerating 10 mana per minute through standing.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Root just became the new mez.
As a wizard all I can say is ~ hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnrgghghhhhh yes! 60wiz lfg.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quineloe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nilbog was actually standing in our camp, watching what was happening on three pulls before he left.

please explain how chain pulls were possible then when every caster was regenerating 10 mana per minute through standing.
Wow one person watched three pulls that could have been any type of pull.
What a great test bed that was - talk about digging deep for samples.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I used to play a wizard on live, there were many times where I'd med/afk through pulls and not have to worry about anything hitting me on the pull. After the patch today it seems like if anyone pulls something anywhere near you it will attack you, I've had people fighting things near me and have them at around 80% life and I'd sit down and they would come over and hit me.

Pretty sure the sit aggro went a little over the top with the patch today.