Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 09:33 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Is the raid scene really that bad?

So, I only just started a few weeks ago, but from what I hear TMO pretty much kills everything every time it's up. If you want your epics, you pay TMO for the pieces from the raid mobs that they kill.

Is that really how it is? If you aren't in TMO, is it really that rare to be able to kill any of the raid mobs or are people over exaggerating?

I don't have any problem with competition, I enjoyed raiding in EQ all the way up to Planes of Power and was part of top guilds on the server I played on. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I thought even then we set up rotations so it wasn't just one guild getting to do everything?

I'm enjoying my time playing again so far, but it seems like it would be pretty dull if at the end of it all it was just TMO farming all the raid mobs and nobody else getting to do much of anything.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Camped Ragefire for my cleric epic with some good pals for about 18-19 hours. TMO scouts logged in, and logged out again. Same for other guilds trying to do the same thing.

If you want it, and you have the assistance to get it done... then whoever else comes along (TMO or otherwise) can swing a cat. Ragefire isn't typical of it, as its down to whoever hands in the pearl first upon him spawning... but if you've got people there waiting, they know you're hungry for it and won't get in the way.

Or what I should say is... people get stuck in the rut of just paying for an epic piece because...

A) They falsely believe they can't do the encounter....you just need some help.
B) They don't have the time for Mob X to spawn.
C) Laziness.

C is a common one, and it makes TMO extremely rich [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-24-2013, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

Swish have some good point, for reference look at the roue Epic which is reaslly easy to do, most people just buy it anyway.

But its alot more fun blaming TMO.

For whoever was in a top guild on their server back then, its nothing original or specific to p99, it's been like this since 1999. Exept now we have vents and cell phones which help getting organized.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:27 AM
Sarnak

It's pretty terrible if you aren't a rogue, monk, shaman, or cleric. Enchanter isn't bad either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For whoever was in a top guild on their server back then, its nothing original or specific to p99, it's been like this since 1999. Exept now we have vents and cell phones which help getting organized.
Keep telling yourself that.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

OP: there's lots of attention paid to TMO "monopolizing" some specific epic drops, because those drops come from raid mobs that also have other loot that TMO is interested in getting. Druid, ranger, wizard, shadowknight, necromancer, bard. Those epics have drops from venril sathir, trakanon, cazic thule, innorruuk. VS drops VERY rare and often VERY nice class kunark legs, trak drops the super awesome class kunark breasplates plus stuff like manna robe. CT and Inny are mostly just desired because of the epic pieces. Etc.

The rest of the epics are doable by pretty much anyone with a just a single group of friends.

I don't know what is so "bad" about the raid scene being as it is. Lots of people dislike it because it doesn't give them what they want. But ya know, basically no part of everquest just hands out what you want. Classic epics were difficult to obtain and very rare. It's "classic" that the epics listd above are difficult to obtain and rather rare. It's just the way/reason they are rare here that is different than live, so people focus on that rather than the fact that the end result (difficult to achieve and/or rare epics) is classic.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:44 AM
Sarnak

Raiding in P99= Camp a fully buffed raid force at whatever spawn you want to kill. Wait the 3 to 7(or more) days that it takes the mob to spawn. Track 24/7 so someone else doesn't get it. Log 40 people in and kill it. Then move to the next mob.

If that sounds like fun to you, grind to 60 and join TMO.

If that doesn't sound like fun to you, join whoever you want and accept that you might not see your epic for a long time.
Last edited by fullmetalcoxman; 08-24-2013 at 10:49 AM..
Old 08-24-2013, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalcoxman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raiding in P99= Camp a fully buffed raid force at whatever spawn you want to kill. Wait the 3 to 7(or more) days that it takes the mob to spawn. Track 24/7 so someone else doesn't get it. Log 40 people in and kill it. Then move to the next mob.
No. What you described is raiding Trakanon. None of the other raid mobs are basically anything like what you describe.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Fire Giant

every time ir ead this kind of post i remember how fucking rare in kunark to see most of the epics.

being in solusek ro server and just 4 wizard epics done , 2 paladins with epic, 1 ranger with dual epic, shamans (few shamans then)..................

i would realy love to people to be honest and show some kind of proof they had their epics in kunark.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, I only just started a few weeks ago, but from what I hear TMO pretty much kills everything every time it's up. If you want your epics, you pay TMO for the pieces from the raid mobs that they kill.

Is that really how it is? If you aren't in TMO, is it really that rare to be able to kill any of the raid mobs or are people over exaggerating?

I don't have any problem with competition, I enjoyed raiding in EQ all the way up to Planes of Power and was part of top guilds on the server I played on. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I thought even then we set up rotations so it wasn't just one guild getting to do everything?

I'm enjoying my time playing again so far, but it seems like it would be pretty dull if at the end of it all it was just TMO farming all the raid mobs and nobody else getting to do much of anything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTqiiMxHMks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ1O60i_Y2k

Doing what we do best! Up and coming guilds have attempted to destroy what big daddy zeelot has created. I'm not telling you that other guilds have not managed to snag mobs here and there. I think FE got Trak like a month ago, and on repop days guilds like Taken, Divinity, BDA, have stepped up and have claimed raid mobs for them selfs. There are other guilds out there that raid Plane of fear, Plane of hate, Sky. But right now and the foresable future TMO is top dog....... Oo yah and IB , Winter is coming blah blah blah.
Last edited by Frogie305; 08-24-2013 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: Spelling derp.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Well that's because on live Kunark was 8 months, not 3 years. there weren't any epics on P1999 even 1 year after Kunark came out, because epic quests weren't out.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Closed Thread