Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Favorite starting area?
EverFrost 16 6.81%
Qeynos Hills 39 16.60%
Misty Thicket 17 7.23%
Commonlands 21 8.94%
Nektulos Forest 8 3.40%
Innothule 9 3.83%
Feerrott 2 0.85%
ButcherBlock 15 6.38%
Greater Faydark 61 25.96%
SteamFont 15 6.38%
Toxulia Forest 2 0.85%
Kunark zones 30 12.77%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 02:23 AM
Sarnak

Innothule Swamp is my favorite followed closely by Steamfont.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:24 AM
Skeleton

I voted Everfrost just for the nostalgia factor (I played a barb SHM on live).
I honestly don't have enough experience to tell which zone is the best (in the sense the most efficient) to level in.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Field of Bone is hands-down the best.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:04 AM
Sarnak

Paineel, I just love how it's set up, not really the best leveling spot, but I really liked it's placement and the sitting area overlooking it, just a cool newbie yard

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 08-20-2013, 09:10 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

The newbie log in Nektulos will always be special to me, EQ was dead to me when they revamped Nektulos and took it out. However overall Field of Bone -> Kurns is my favorite.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

I would've voted Commonlands if it weren't overrun by spamsluts, high levels, and buff beggars. Had to settle for GFay.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Sarnak

Commonlands and steamfont.. although commonlands is only nice because it's easy to buy newb gear instead of hitting level 16+ in a full suit of cloth and a cracked staff
Old 08-20-2013, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Playing a Barbarian in 1999 is one of the most immersive experiences you could ask for. Everfrost is completely terrifying - it's a maze with close quarters for the most part + trains are very frequent + higher level undead wander the lowest level areas + you don't have night vision here as a Barbarian. Working as a team with fellow players was super important.

Everfrost is massive too. When you eventually level up some and find your way out of the frozen mountain maze and out into the expansive tundra, it's just an amazing sight and feeling. I played a Shaman back then, so it was at Level 5 that I was already fighting out in the Tundra against wayyyy higher level monsters. Teams of Level 7/8 Warriors would take me because you gotta have one healer and it didn't really matter what level you are. A lot of Shaman didn't realize back then that Inner Fire was actually a very efficient heal, so I was able to do great work. Of course I also didn't learn Meditate from the skill trainer until I was level 8...haha. After I figured that out it was such a huge power rush.

----
got to agree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] One of my first "mains" was a Barbarian Shaman. I had other "mains" after him, but I always kept returning to Halas/EF on all my chars, as it always felt as going home. I am also particularly fond of Qeynos anf Gfay.

As far as good zones vs bad zones, Tox and Innothule are definitely on the loosing side. Tox area got better with Warrens, but that was far past Classic times.

Kunark starting zones are spoiled IMHO - they have tons of good loot and very high ZEM, I consider them classic era Paludal Caverns in a way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Last edited by Kika Maslyaka; 08-20-2013 at 10:03 AM..
Old 08-20-2013, 01:21 PM
Banned

Paineel
Old 08-20-2013, 01:31 PM
Sarnak

There are few who can handle Troll Country.
Closed Thread