Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 12-27-2022, 03:51 PM
Large Rat

Default First time back since the merge and I'm missing characters

Not sure if it took the top 8 I had across teal and green alphabetically but my main and my tunnel mule (among others) are just gone. Is there a way to access them or am I SOL?
Old 12-27-2022, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

I am assuming you had more than 8 characters across both servers with this post.

If that is the case, your characters are still there. However, as far as I know the only way to use them again is to delete characters that are currently being displayed. The other characters will fill in the empty slots.

Maybe you can ask the GMs to move items off some of the hidden characters if you want to delete those instead.
Old 12-27-2022, 04:12 PM
Large Rat

I did have more than 8 characters across the two servers, I deleted one yesterday (first thing I tried) and a new one didn't fill the slot, so I stopped doing anything in case I was just screwing things up.
Old 12-27-2022, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurato [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did have more than 8 characters across the two servers, I deleted one yesterday (first thing I tried) and a new one didn't fill the slot, so I stopped doing anything in case I was just screwing things up.
Ah. Yeah in that case I would contact the GMs and ask for their assistance. Hopefully they still have the data somewhere, and can help you restore it. It may take a while though, the staff is volunteer, so things move slower.

It does depend on what level they were though. I remember the staff does occasionally wipe really low level characters (maybe 1-4 or 1-5, forget the exact range). So it is possible they got deleted from that if they were that low.
Old 12-27-2022, 04:21 PM
Large Rat

two 50+ characters, I assume they wouldn't get culled. Do I ping the GMs here or in game?
Old 12-27-2022, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurato [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
two 50+ characters, I assume they wouldn't get culled. Do I ping the GMs here or in game?
No, they wouldn't be culled. I have never petitioned before on P99, but I believe you would post here:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=25 (Petition/Exploits forum). Just make a post once, don't keep making them, or you will keep going to the back of the line.

If you see a GM in game you can probably ask them as well, but don't quote me on that.
Old 12-27-2022, 04:25 PM
Large Rat

Thanks for the help!
Old 12-29-2022, 10:26 PM
Kobold

Oh my gosh, I thought you meant Blue and Green had merged.
Old 12-30-2022, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

If you were nameholding on teal you probably wont be able to delete and remake the character with that same name, I couldn't at least.

That may or may not help you save some space on the account.
Old 12-31-2022, 05:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you were nameholding on teal you probably wont be able to delete and remake the character with that same name, I couldn't at least.

That may or may not help you save some space on the account.
This was a bug where the databases werent merged at the same time, but rogean posted when this was fixed (and I ultimately could reuse the name that was blocked ;P)