Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-18-2022, 10:11 PM
Orc

Default how do i update my files?

exactly what the title says... been a while since i played, i downloaded the update files.. but i forget where i drag them to?
Old 12-18-2022, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Directly into your EverQuest folder (eg. Program Files/EverQuest).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-18-2022, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

Not my video but this may help if anyone is having trouble with applying a new patch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOaB7Xk-xZc
Old 12-20-2022, 03:17 AM
Kobold

To update the spells go to the wiki.project1999 web page and near the top right click on "getting started". Scroll down and click on "Project 1999 Files (V56)." This will download it. Go to your download page on windows and click that file which will open it up so you can see folders and files. Click "Ctrl A" to highlight them then click "Ctrl C" to copy them.

Next: Go to your Project 1999 Folder on the C drive or wherever, double click to open it, double click on "Sony" folder to open it, double click on "EverQuest" folder to open it.

You will see Folder and files now you hit "Ctrl V" to paste the update to your EverQuest game. Now, a window will pop up, click "Replace the files in the destination." And you're good. To see this visually you can check out youtube and El Hefe has a video on it.