Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 05-17-2023, 08:23 AM
Planar Protector

Best trio w/o cleric (and no 2x of 1 class) is enc / shaman / monk (can sub in pally/sk/war here but monk is best).

Could also argue enc / necro / shaman and sticking to undead charm spots. Don't have to focus on keeping pets alive but rather sending them into big packs of mobs and letting all the adds do the damage.
Old 05-17-2023, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best trio w/o cleric (and no 2x of 1 class) is enc / shaman / monk (can sub in pally/sk/war here but monk is best).

Could also argue enc / necro / shaman and sticking to undead charm spots. Don't have to focus on keeping pets alive but rather sending them into big packs of mobs and letting all the adds do the damage.
And this has exactly what to do with SK's vs Pal DPS?
I expected better.
No wonder you where banned. (EXP loss death).
Old 05-18-2023, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I expected better.
Threads tend to shift topically by page 3. 2/5 troll attempt.
Last edited by Snaggles; 05-18-2023 at 10:31 AM..
Old 05-18-2023, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I expected better.
Well Sk/Pal is a knight question which is tangentially related to monks and rangers too, but by that point you have to acknowledge the group is better without knights so why even bother with a melee… didn’t you follow the thread?!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 05-18-2023, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I know monks are hugely broken, but I’d rather take sk snap aggro/snare in exchange for less mitigation/dps if I’m making a trio. Never seen a trio wipe because of the difference in mitigation between a monk and sk. I’ve seen it wipe because the slower got killed because the monk couldn’t hold aggro. Enchanter/cleric can kill damn near anything so protecting them is the most important IMO. Is a monk an overall better class than a sk? Absolutely but this is one scenario I like sks better.
Old 05-19-2023, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know monks are hugely broken, but I’d rather take sk snap aggro/snare in exchange for less mitigation/dps if I’m making a trio. Never seen a trio wipe because of the difference in mitigation between a monk and sk. I’ve seen it wipe because the slower got killed because the monk couldn’t hold aggro. Enchanter/cleric can kill damn near anything so protecting them is the most important IMO. Is a monk an overall better class than a sk? Absolutely but this is one scenario I like sks better.
topic got a little disjointed but i feel ya - i just prefer monk FD / stone / mend for nearly all situations save for some niche camps

if all 3 are competent players monk is the clear choice...but yeah...if not exactly p99 all-stars SK is just more forgiving

its funny...we have to use "no enc / cleric" parameters to even have an interesting conversation about best group trios

I still want to do a static, no twinking, all iksar necro / shaman / monk. Go out in the world and farm for gear upgrades. I think thats gotta be the most baller trio outside of enc / cleric / whatever.
Last edited by Toxigen; 05-19-2023 at 08:51 AM..
Old 05-19-2023, 11:10 AM
Kobold

Quote:
topic got a little disjointed but i feel ya - i just prefer monk FD / stone / mend for nearly all situations save for some niche camps

if all 3 are competent players monk is the clear choice...but yeah...if not exactly p99 all-stars SK is just more forgiving

its funny...we have to use "no enc / cleric" parameters to even have an interesting conversation about best group trios

I still want to do a static, no twinking, all iksar necro / shaman / monk. Go out in the world and farm for gear upgrades. I think thats gotta be the most baller trio outside of enc / cleric / whatever.
You seem to be missing the best tank in your signature link down there … what gives ?
Old 05-19-2023, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaiyan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem to be missing the best tank in your signature link down there … what gives ?
SKs are garbage hope this helps
Old 05-19-2023, 09:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
SKs are garbage hope this helps
Noooooooooooooo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-20-2023, 11:42 PM
Kobold

Can anyone Confirm the Skill caps for Paladins and Shadowknights per the wiki. It says paladins get higher piercing, but shadowknights get slightly higher offense. I don't have a level 60 of either class otherwise I wouldn't be asking.