Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-29-2023, 01:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by toast187 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So before green server launched it was said in a forum post by rogain that the green server would dump its characters into blue and restart green. Since that post there has been radio silence on what is to happen. I wish for green to restart but not to be dumped into blue. Maybe bring teal server back as the permanent green server character dumping grounds. I hope the CSR speaks on this and lets us know if doing progression is going to continue to be a thing because i would love a chance to play eq classic-velious all over again!
Why does it matter if green is merged into blue?
Old 04-29-2023, 02:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
write a script that puts an x at the end of all duplicates in the database or something, could be written in like a minute.
Yeah, that’s exactly how soe did it during their server merges. Active subscription and max level had precedence for keeping the contested name, the other got a free namechange.
Old 04-29-2023, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Why play on Green 2.0 when Green 3.0 is just around the corner?
Old 04-29-2023, 07:04 PM
Banned

Merging green characters into blue is still clearly the only feasible option if they want to launch a fresh green, which I very much hope they do \ legally can.

This whole model also invites another issue though which is that if the playerbase knows ahead of time when their server is going to be merged and reset, it might demoralize a huge portion of the player base. What's the point in rolling a new character and eveling it if you know in advance that the server is resetting in a month? Still I think it's the best option. The project is inherently experimental because everquest didn't stop after velious, but this project wants to, so the question of how to "stop" an everquest server is a new one.
Old 04-30-2023, 10:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Merging green characters into blue is still clearly the only feasible option if they want to launch a fresh green, which I very much hope they do \ legally can.

This whole model also invites another issue though which is that if the playerbase knows ahead of time when their server is going to be merged and reset, it might demoralize a huge portion of the player base. What's the point in rolling a new character and eveling it if you know in advance that the server is resetting in a month? Still I think it's the best option. The project is inherently experimental because everquest didn't stop after velious, but this project wants to, so the question of how to "stop" an everquest server is a new one.
Precisely. I have a few friends I play with on Blue, but we've kind of over all drifted away from playing as often. But everyone seems super interested in a fresh server, with a fresh start, but no one wants to go on Green if it's going to get reset soon. I have a 27 magician on Green, but it's hard to keep wanting to go on and play him if there is a potential of a reset.
Old 05-01-2023, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewybunny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Precisely. I have a few friends I play with on Blue, but we've kind of over all drifted away from playing as often. But everyone seems super interested in a fresh server, with a fresh start, but no one wants to go on Green if it's going to get reset soon. I have a 27 magician on Green, but it's hard to keep wanting to go on and play him if there is a potential of a reset.
The character would still exist after a reset, though. It would just be on Blue. No progress would be lost.

Or do you mean you would want to start over on the fresh new server for the experience?
Old 05-01-2023, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

the future of green is blue
Old 05-01-2023, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

As long as Daybreak is pumping out TLP servers I wouldn't count on a new P99 server
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 05-01-2023, 07:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As long as Daybreak is pumping out TLP servers I wouldn't count on a new P99 server
Daybreak was pumping them out when Green launched too.
Old 05-02-2023, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would this matter?