suspended for funny pictures not banned THANK YOU
Old 05-18-2023, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

We were chortling too hard and needed a break to catch our breath <3

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 07-20-2023, 05:39 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shourty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been using norton on my computer for over fifteen years. I have some program booting and other lag issues that I attribute to that program.
Often I want to cancel them and get something less invasive.
Without all the rants and flames that this forum is known for, what do you champions of Norath suggest?
Not that I'm free from throwing flames or going on rants on occasion, just, not this time please.
Consider trying Bitdefender or Kaspersky as alternatives to Norton for a less invasive experience. These are well-respected security options with lighter impact on system performance.
Old 08-08-2023, 11:30 PM
Banned

I think AVG is randomly taking a shit on my shitbox computer's processing power

It's really frustrating when I have a charmed hasted mob with a torch standing next to me in game and my computer freezes attempting to process something, to the point where I can't even open task manager....everything is frozen for sometimes 2-5 minutes straight

The only thing I can do at that point is eventually close out P99 via task manager since the screen will go black and hope my char gets logged out before charm randomly breaks and I super die

When I look at task manager processes I'm always at 100% disk useage despite me having 550gb free disk space. I've tried adjusting the paging file so many times and it never fixes anything

I hear AVG is terrible for processes, but it does sometimes catch sneaky files when I attempt to stream a movie illegally on putlocker or something. But I am thinking of just uninstalling it and going with basic protection of windows defender or whatever comes with my windows
Old 08-09-2023, 04:16 AM
Planar Protector

I ran Windows Defender-only for years and never had a problem, but with my wife and daughter not being so computer savvy I sprang for a Bitdefender family subscription. Goes on the phones, tablets, and laptops. I disable some of the stuff for myself, but it's nice to see it blocking dodgy websites on their devices.
Old 08-09-2023, 04:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I ran Windows Defender-only for years and never had a problem, but with my wife and daughter not being so computer savvy I sprang for a Bitdefender family subscription. Goes on the phones, tablets, and laptops. I disable some of the stuff for myself, but it's nice to see it blocking dodgy websites on their devices.
Ty for info, how much that run you per month? I wouldn’t need multiple devices or other users. It doesn’t use too much processing power in background?
Old 08-09-2023, 05:45 PM
Aviak

Im surprised people use anything but Windows Defender and browser ad and script blockers. I havent used anything but for ages. Stop opening those suspectable emails and links my man.
Ruilden Wreckchords | Level 30 Half Elf Bard of No God |Green|
Maulgar | Level 24 Troll Shadow Knight of Cazic-Thule |Green|
Old 08-10-2023, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ty for info, how much that run you per month? I wouldn’t need multiple devices or other users. It doesn’t use too much processing power in background?
I haven't noticed any big spikes in CPU usage. It's about £40/yr.

https://www.bitdefender.co.uk/soluti...mily-pack.html
Old 08-10-2023, 03:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomnia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im surprised people use anything but Windows Defender and browser ad and script blockers. I havent used anything but for ages. Stop opening those suspectable emails and links my man.
You can’t cut me off my hentai interactive online games. I have 3 different harems to manage, catgirls won’t feed themselves

Plus I’m sorry but when a Microsoft rep from India calls and says I’ve missed a $300 refund from Amazon, I’m going to get my refund, $300 is a lot of money
Old 08-10-2023, 03:43 AM
Planar Protector

Just chiming in here it's impossible to protect something designed by the NSA-CIA and made in China.