Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-14-2022, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

FD pulling isn't unique to SK. He's right, they have no niche that another class can't fill in raiding as well or better. We know they CAN be used on raids, and ARE used on raids, but they bring nothing unique to the table. Rangers and Paladins most certainly do.
Old 07-14-2022, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FD pulling isn't unique to SK. He's right, they have no niche that another class can't fill in raiding as well or better. We know they CAN be used on raids, and ARE used on raids, but they bring nothing unique to the table. Rangers and Paladins most certainly do.
SKs do combo fd and snare though, which is a pretty big deal. Necros however, do that and also don't rely on charges to do root FDs.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 07-14-2022, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Snare in Velious raid context isn't necessarily as relevant though.
Old 07-14-2022, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Rogue is the most powerful class. They are the only ones that can make and apply poison =)

Sorry, this question is too broad so you have a bunch of goofs speaking past each other.
Old 07-14-2022, 03:00 PM
Fire Giant

You can't spell "suck" without SK.
Old 07-14-2022, 06:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage is still the worst there too.

Hope this helps.
The wizard is a mage, only with no pets and less utility.
My mage is more powerful than my wizard. The wizard can damage till their mana bar is empty, then at their best with regular mana regen 21, you get 210 mana per min, they can cast one DD for 730 dmg a minute. Their only purpose is DPS and they get 730 per min at 60th level after they pump maybe 8k dmg. Who is the worst? In high level groups where mobs consistently have 5k-12k hps, the wizard is the biggest drag on a group. At least Ranger, Rogue, mage, paladin can average better than 730 dmg per min, plus have other utility on top of that. And that wizard damage could be resisted making damage even worse. Druids get better mana regen with PotG so even they can average more damage, plus have all the utility of powerful buffs to add and assists significantly to infinite melee damage that is only a complete heal away.
Last edited by NPC; 07-14-2022 at 06:31 PM..
Old 07-14-2022, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My mage is more powerful than my wizard. The wizard can damage till their mana bar is empty, then at their best with regular mana regen 21, you get 210 mana per min, they can cast one DD for 730 dmg a minute. Their only purpose is DPS and they get 730 per min at 60th level after they pump maybe 8k dmg. Who is the worst? In high level groups where mobs consistently have 5k-12k hps, the wizard is the biggest drag on a group. At least Ranger, Rogue, mage can average better than 730 dmg per min. And that wizard damage could be resisted on top of that. Druids get better mana regen with PotG so even they can average more damage, plus have all the utility of powerful buffs to add and assists significantly to infinite melee damage that is only a complete heal away.
My wizard gets from OOM to FM in a few minutes. For most people, it's like 15 minutes at 60 with full gear.
Old 07-14-2022, 08:54 PM
Sarnak

Yeah but then you only last 5 seconds after the boss tells you to get to work so it evens out.
Old 07-14-2022, 09:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but then you only last 5 seconds after the boss tells you to get to work so it evens out.
Please keep that between you and your wife/husband, and don't project onto me, kthx
Old 07-15-2022, 03:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My mage is more powerful than my wizard. The wizard can damage till their mana bar is empty, then at their best with regular mana regen 21, you get 210 mana per min, they can cast one DD for 730 dmg a minute. Their only purpose is DPS and they get 730 per min at 60th level after they pump maybe 8k dmg. Who is the worst? In high level groups where mobs consistently have 5k-12k hps, the wizard is the biggest drag on a group. At least Ranger, Rogue, mage, paladin can average better than 730 dmg per min, plus have other utility on top of that. And that wizard damage could be resisted making damage even worse. Druids get better mana regen with PotG so even they can average more damage, plus have all the utility of powerful buffs to add and assists significantly to infinite melee damage that is only a complete heal away.
Wizards aren’t great in sustained DPS groups. A Rend Robe will help with this however. Just gotta hit 60 and get VP keyed…

Wizards can regen rather fast with C2 and manna robe. Manastone is not really realistic in most group locations. But yeah your sustained DPs will still be garbage witout that Clicky Robe.

I stress that wizzies provide more than the best burst in the game and bad sustained DPS. Stuns, root, evac (planning for failure is not a bad thing in random groups).

In raids wizards like druids provide critical logistics support and you simply need them for PoH and PoS ans druids don’t get translocate. Dragonbane is also crucial for some fights. Flux staff pulls are hard to beat in some places. VP clicky staff helps with long Velious fights where wizards otherwise are purely dead weight once ports are done.

Simply put, wizards are not a great grouping class and only at late game they become passable at it. In raids they’re crucial and probably offers the best raiding QoL together with Druids. And unlike most classes, they can solo no problem all the way to 60.

I don’t recommend making a wizard because they are on the boring side but if you want afk-leveling, want to be cool and want QoL raiding… the wizard is a strong choice.
Last edited by sajbert; 07-15-2022 at 03:48 AM..