Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-13-2023, 12:17 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen a lot of different advice on how to prevent crashes on p99. Currently I'm running the game in compatibility mode (xp service pack 3) and using WinEQ (mainly for gamma correction). Most of my crashes have been loading into the game which is annoying but tolerable, but occasionally during play and last night I had a reset device failure in Howling Stones and that's almost always going to be a RIP when playing my enchanter.
Hmm what is the reset device failure you are referring to? Is it the pop up error message when you switch between window mode and full screen mode?
Old 07-14-2023, 03:08 AM
Sarnak

No, I was crashing during play and frequently near certain spots like the braziers outside Felwithe. And I always play in windowed mode. Dgvoodoo fixed this issue for me completely. I'm not even crashing switching characters anymore so the game is working great for me now.
Old 07-14-2023, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie.P [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I copied the d3d9.dll file from the \dgVoodoo2_79\MS\x64 directory and placed it in the EQ folder as you said and it worked effectively.
My buttons are "off" by like an half inch, everything i want to select with my cursor, it is selecting about a half inch further up the screen. The only file youve changed at all is adding the d3d9.dll file renamed to overwrite the wineq2 file in its folder?