Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 01-03-2024, 04:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plat is more accessible then raid encounters therefore

Really its a conversation about people thinking they are entitled and want things handed to them when they aren't willing to put in the same amount of work as the person that is actually farming the loot. You see this pervasive in big guilds where people complain about loot despite being handed a lot more from the guild than what they actually contribute to the guild in return.
And here we are to people assuming people want hand me downs, What point did that make to say that in this conversation? It's hard enough to race guilds to epic mobs, they are perma camped for $$. Don't tell me otherwise, sure some get epics completed but most of the time guilds sell epics for guild funds which is also going against the entire conversation at hand. So lets come up with something better than that , my friend.
Old 01-03-2024, 04:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hasn't been a magi staff for sale on green in a long time. Tears also rarely come up for sale vs the amount that drop.
Which epic bottlenecks are you regularly seeing for sale
Golems are perma farmed for AoN, tears are usually just for guild funds or alts now days or the random main who joins up. But alts win the tear over main of course in most guilds. This is the way and its got to change.
Old 01-03-2024, 04:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by TercerRigo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, if you could find a hundred people to agree with you, how likely do you believe you are to get an official response?

How about you grab eqemu and see how tedious this would be to implement.
It's not as tedious as you think. You can add the code to a mob list. Its doable. GLitchy at first but doable in the long run. I can vouch.
Old 01-03-2024, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eqgod34 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong, They charge 125k a tear and 800k for earth staff etc, dont tell me its more accessible Lol. I think mobs should only trigger if the epic person is in the zone who is on that step. This Farming epic for selling is getting out of hand and we cant finish epics when guilds are sitting on everything. Classic or not, it needs changed. The staff changes all kinds of shit and makes it "Not classic" so I don't want to hear that excuse.
Have you raided any on this server? A few rounds of competitive raiding would show you just how overcrowded the top end is. This affects most of the epic quests.

Some of the least bottlenecked epics are the monk and rogue epics.

For the other epics, either you raid day and night, or you farm plat over time and buy it. Whichever is most accessible for you.
Old 01-03-2024, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eqgod34 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Golems are perma farmed for AoN, tears are usually just for guild funds or alts now days or the random main who joins up. But alts win the tear over main of course in most guilds. This is the way and its got to change.
You haven't been able to farm crew golems for a while now. Unless the raid rules have changed, you need to exit Fear whenever a raid mob spawns. This basically killed the practice of people camping farm crews in Fear to snipe golems.

If a guild gets a tear, it goes though the normal dkp system most of the time, at least on blue. If a guild needs fund they will occasionally sell something. Recharges aren't cheap.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-03-2024 at 04:51 PM..
Old 01-03-2024, 05:08 PM
Kobold

Sorry friend but this is just a crying thread.

Quote:
It's hard enough to race guilds to epic mobs
Are you camped out at the mob?
Does your guild know you need help and committed to assisting?
Are you personally tracking the spawn timer, logged in, and tracking the mob you need during its window?
If you're still coming up short contesting the mob are you asking about making it a guild priority to get this mob during quakes or using the draft to select the needed target?

If you answered no to any of these questions, then someone else is answering yes to all of them and therefore they outworked you to get the loot and earned it over you. If you can actually answer yes to all of these questions then you likely already have your epic or will very soon (because someone else has probably been doing these things longer than you have)

Quote:
they are perma camped for $$. Don't tell me otherwise, sure some get epics completed but most of the time guilds sell epics for guild funds which is also going against the entire conversation at hand.
If this is actually true then why is it so rare that these items come up for sale?

The reality is that any valuable target in P99 will be highly contested and some items are just incredibly rare and take months if not years to obtain, even if you are monopolizing every spawn. I promise you nobody is going through these lengths just to let the items go to waste, there are still a lot of toons on the server without epics.

This is what we call a victim mentality, its pervasive in P99 and the world around us. Instead of looking in the mirror and working harder for what you want its easier to point the finger at someone else. Some people just simply want it more, and that's ok.

There's a famous Kid Rock Lyric "You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve"
Old 01-03-2024, 05:23 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry friend but this is just a crying thread.

This is what we call a victim mentality, its pervasive in P99 and the world around us. Instead of looking in the mirror and working harder for what you want its easier to point the finger at someone else. Some people just simply want it more, and that's ok.

There's a famous Kid Rock Lyric "You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve"
You guys cant resist trying to troll in every response on here. Grow up. I also bet half of the responses are from Neckbeards. Also I am not in a raiding guild , I don't have time to raid on green the way it has to be done, Im not waking up at 3am when i have to work to kill a raid target to get 1dkp, thanks but no.
Old 01-03-2024, 05:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I think there should be an in between , not just making it satisfactory for raid guilds. New rules are needed and need to be implemented asap.
Old 01-03-2024, 05:34 PM
Sarnak

Honestly, I would rather spend cold hard plat than do some of these camps. So I fully support MQs!

Also, consider how many epic pieces would needlessly rot if multi-questing wasn't possible. The answer is a TON of shit would rot and zero people would benefit.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 01-03-2024, 05:49 PM
Kobold

Not here to troll just trying to keep it real. I see people every day coveting what other people have but aren't willing to do what those people are willing to do to get it.

Totally ok to not wake up at 3AM when a mob spawns, I don't either. But someone will and they will end up with the reward for it. So can't be mad when they get the epic piece instead of you, they made sacrifices for that opportunity that others didn't.

The great irony is the very thing this thread was designed to advocate against is the thing you should be advocating for. If more people were farming epic pieces to sell loot rights or MQs for then it would be easier for you to obtain an epic without being in a guild or raiding at all and in my experience virtually anything in the game that can be bought is faster, easier, and more enjoyable to obtain with plat than it is to kill the actual mob and get the loot.