Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2023, 05:51 PM
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
huh. i get disconnected as soon as i try to connect to the server.
1800 online tho is pretty impressive!
You probably didn't download the Quarm dll and paste it into the folder.

Get it here
Old 10-01-2023, 06:21 PM
Kobold

Man, I've been trying for hours to download the client with no luck. The download is disabled. How is everyone else getting it? Is there an alternative download?
Old 10-01-2023, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

best server ever
Old 10-01-2023, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You probably didn't download the Quarm dll and paste it into the folder.

Get it here
you are right! thanks!

got in and got my names reserved. ill let the server hype cool down a bit before trying to kill bats in the newb yard.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 10-01-2023, 11:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man, I've been trying for hours to download the client with no luck. The download is disabled. How is everyone else getting it? Is there an alternative download?
https://sahaquiel.us/quarm/TAKP2.2.zip

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 10-02-2023, 08:46 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry but this isn't the first go around. The entire point of the server was that it's a single-box alternative to TAKP in a client that's not a complete and utter mess of a hackjob. And it's been in beta for how long now? Simple things like "chaging resolution without the game closing itself on you and resetting your changes" shouldn't be an issue anymore. A simple thing like a game resolution change shouldn't require ini modifications from the end user, and guess what? You'll never change my mind about that no matter how hard you want this server to be a success. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the client? Yup! I agree. Though, TAKP players have played on this exact client for years. The crash in particular is related to dgvoodoo, not the game, though.

Unfortunately we need to stay within Daybreak's good graces, so we are having to follow the similar policy on client distribution that P99 has - that is, you have to acquire it yourself and configure it yourself. If that's too hard, well, I understand your plight.

That's why we're moving over to the Evolution client long-term. I'm not happy about the state of the TAKP client, either, and over the next 6 months we'll be adding support for Evolution which should handle device resets natively, and also contain the "EQ Cam" patch that was introduced in LoY that stayed all the way through Titanium.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 10-02-2023, 08:49 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol thats funny because once it got to about 2k the loginserver stopped working.

FUrthermore the client is every bit as trash as TAKP. Guaranteed in 3 months it's less popular than TAKP. What a shitshow. Guess those of us who have been dreaming for a pop-era server with a stable, functional client will have to keep waiting
This crash was on the TAKP codebase since its inception. I wrote the netcode a decade ago when I was still learning how to code, so I've since modernized the handling of the old netcode stream proxies in under 2 hours last night.

The result was a fix for memory corruption and a memory leak that resulted in both the loginserver and worldserver crashing under extreme load. They would've never found that without PQ's help, and now long-term, there's another huge fix for EQMac's emulation by proxy.

I suppose it's hard to really scope this stuff when you aren't working on it, but I figured I owed you an explanation of why it took 2 hours to unwind code from 10 years ago.

You can also see the commit that fixed it here:
https://github.com/EQMacEmu/Server/c...040b366745e059

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 10-02-2023, 10:31 AM
Banned

^^^ true coder all time champ right there.
Old 10-02-2023, 10:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but I figured I owed you an explanation of why it took 2 hours to unwind code from 10 years ago.
Oh man 🤩😂
Old 10-02-2023, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]