Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 07-28-2022, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unlike you, I don't need to resort to insults or personal attacks to make a logical argument.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I keep making the same points, and you keep ignoring them and not offering any evidence to the contrary ... but you've won the discussion because you declare it so. I bow down to your superior EQ knowledge.

I'm a human trying to have a conversation: converse with me, talk about what I'm talking about ... don't chime in with a two sentence sound bite that ignores every point I've made and declare you've won the (imaginary) battle in your head.
Quote:
Actually, OP's mind seemed pretty peaceful on page 1, long before you entered the chat:

I think your posts had nothing to do with wanting to set anyone's mind to peace, and everything to do with you proclaiming how smart you are, and how right your opinions are.
Honest question: Do you have memory issues? You started the insults and personal attacks in this thread, and your last one was a page ago. I am just responding in kind. If you want to avoid personal attacks, don't start them[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Simple question: which is more valuable to a Shaman leveling up: HP or mana? Which will make them level faster?

I submit that HP will. As evidence, I've never in my leveling life ever (not even once) died because I started a fight at max mana, burned through 100% of it, and then died because I didn't have more mana. But I have died (many times) when I started at max HP, burned through all my HP, and died for lack of a few more.

To be clear, if you're not starting at max, your maximums are irrelevant: if you start a fight with 500 mana, it doesn't matter whether you could have started that fight with 600 mana or 6000 mana.

So, what's your evidence that having more maximum mana helps you level faster? Or do you agree, HP will help you level faster?
This question has been answered thoroughly in this thread. You need to re-read it, because you clearly cannot be bothered to read.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-28-2022 at 04:13 PM..
Old 07-28-2022, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honest question: Do you have memory issues? You started the insults and personal attacks in this thread, and your last one was a page ago. I am just responding in kind. If you want to avoid personal attacks, don't start them[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suppose I could be more respectful, but I never resorted to name-calling (eg. "spoiled child") or attacks as part of my arguments. To the contrary, the only "personal attack" I made against you was completely separate from any argument, and was simply me describing an unflattering pattern of behavior of yours:

Quote:
I think your posts had nothing to do with wanting to set anyone's mind to peace, and everything to do with you proclaiming how smart you are, and how right your opinions are.
And there is evidence for my point! When you first participated in this very thread you ignored the OP's question (ie. the topic of discussion), and rather than say something to put his mind at peace, you talked about how he made the wrong decision because when he has his VP Hammer he'll hit his cap.

Meanwhile, when it comes to making rational arguments, you pull crap like this as soon as I make a good one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This question has been answered thoroughly in this thread. You need to re-read it, because you clearly cannot be bothered to read.
Oh the irony ... coming from the guy talking about how caps will be hit by raiders ... in a thread about non-raiding Shaman.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-28-2022, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I suppose I could be more respectful, but I never resorted to name-calling (eg. "spoiled child") or attacks as part of my arguments. To the contrary, the only "personal attack" I made against you was completely separate from any argument, and was simply me describing an unflattering pattern of behavior of yours:

And there is evidence for my point! When you first participated in this very thread you ignored the OP's question (ie. the topic of discussion), and rather than say something to put his mind at peace, you talked about how he made the wrong decision because when he has his VP Hammer he'll hit his cap.

Meanwhile, when it comes to making rational arguments, you pull crap like this as soon as I make a good one:

Oh the irony ... coming from the guy talking about how caps will be hit by raiders ... in a thread about non-raiding Shaman.
I am responding in kind to your posts. Claiming someone is "having an imaginary battle in their head" with literally no evidence is being disrespectful and insulting. You may not have to social capacity to understand that, but that doesn't mean you are in the right here[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Next time just stick to the facts, and there won't be any insults and disrespect coming back at you.

I am being serious about my response. Multiple users have answered this exact same question multiple times, and you ignored each post. I am not going to post the same information again just so you can ignore it again. You must have skipped over them, or sped read them poorly.
Old 07-28-2022, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

So you said:
Quote:
Just to be thorough, there is one reason why you would want to dump into STA as your starting stat.
Then I tried to point there is more than one reason, and that you are incorrect, and you respond:

Quote:
Multiple users have answered this exact same question multiple times, and you ignored each post. I am not going to post the same information again just so you can ignore it again. You must have skipped over them, or sped read them poorly.
Well, DeathsSilkyMist has declared there is only one reason on page 18, and now if anyone tries to show he's wrong, he'll just refuse to argue and refer them to the previous 18 pages ... without any specific logical refutation whatsoever. Seems like he has a solid argument to me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Meanwhile, it seems to me if something has been repeated multiple times already, and is central to the entire case you're so confident you're making, it should be trivial for you to summarize it in only a few sentences. But what do I know?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-28-2022, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Loramin: Tries to point there is more than one reason, and DeathsSilkyMist is incorrect.,

Well, DeathsSilkyMist has declared there is only one reason on page 18, and now if anyone tries to show he's wrong, he'll just refuse to argue and refer them to the previous 18 pages without any specific logical refutation whatsoever. Seems like a solid argument to me.

Meanwhile, it seems to me if something has been repeated multiple times already, and is central to your entire logical argument, it should be trivial for you to summarize it in only a few sentences. But what do I know? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only reason why you think this is because you didn't read all of the posts earlier in the thread detailing why STA isn't relevant while leveling. It is not my fault you missed all those posts.

I have summarized it in a few sentences multiple times lol, something you don't know because you didn't read the thread.
Old 07-28-2022, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Truly the mark of a strong argument is that you can't be arsed to write a few sentences explaining it.

I mean, in the last couple posts you wrote eight sentences: you truly can't explain why Mana > HP for leveling in eight sentences? You can't even give a hint?

Old 07-28-2022, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Truly the mark of a strong argument is that you can't be arsed to write a few sentences explaining it.
I did. You didn't read it. Why should I assume you will read it now? You couldn't even read the edit tab on Magelo when checking to see if two Magelos were made by different people.
Old 07-28-2022, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

We're up to eleven sentences. So instead of telling me I can't make an argument because you made one on page 18 and now no one else can (because now we're on page 19, and 18 was the cut-off?) ... you couldn't have simply explained your point of view in eleven sentences?

Does it truly take more than eleven sentences to even suggest the logic of why Mana would be better than HP for leveling?

Old 07-28-2022, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
We're up to eleven sentences. So instead of telling me I can't make an argument because you made one on page 18 and now no one else can (because now we're on page 19, and 18 was the cut-off?) ... you couldn't have simply explained your point of view in eleven sentences?

Does it truly take more than eleven sentences to even suggest the logic of why Mana would be better than HP for leveling?
Just go back and read the thread, post the quotes here, and respond. That will show you are able to read, and we can have a conversation again. I get tired of posting information multiple times that you don't read.
Old 07-28-2022, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

You seem to equate "not reading" with "not agreeing with you". I'm sure it's easy to win every argument when you can simply reduce all opposition that way.

And yet ... wasn't it you (in a post made directly to me) who wrote:

Quote:
This thread is also not just for OP, since other people besides him read it. It isn't like each thread is restricted to being read by OP alone.
I guess the last thing those "other people" will read in this thread ... other than you avoiding addressing my point for (now) fourteen sentences ... is my very reasonable/logical point that:

Quote:
I've never in my leveling life ever (not even once) died because I started a fight at max mana, burned through 100% of it, and then died because I didn't have more mana. But I have died (many times) when I started at max HP, burned through all my HP, and died for lack of a few more.
And I'm ok with that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]