Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-07-2022, 04:05 PM
Large Bat

Default "Boxing" question

I'm getting ready to start up again, and am thinking about playing with my 10-year old daughter. I have the IP exceptions already, did that a few years back but she was definitely too young then and didn't have the attention span. Now she's into 5E D&D and more interested in gaming in general, and we've played WoW a bit.

My question is wondering how ridiculous people are about reporting perceived boxing? She always autofollows me around in WoW and is pretty useless in fights lol, I end up doing most of the work. I can see somebody seeing us, thinking she's being boxed, and reporting it, and the policy seems to be an insta-ban without any real investigation? I have no desire to even start up with her here if that's going to happen.

Am I overestimating the likelihood of that?
Old 04-07-2022, 04:16 PM
Fire Giant

You will be given a proper boxing test if you are suspected. Chances are good you'll be petitioned by somebody. GM will show up invis, and study you for a bit, and then you'll be offered a chance to make both of your characters perform certain movements. That will be your time to shine...
Old 04-07-2022, 04:24 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You will be given a proper boxing test if you are suspected. Chances are good you'll be petitioned by somebody. GM will show up invis, and study you for a bit, and then you'll be offered a chance to make both of your characters perform certain movements. That will be your time to shine...
OK, so it's not just report ticket received... BAN! That makes me fell a little better about it, thanks. I remember years ago we got an IP ban for my wife and I playing together, and she was a veteran EQ player and was actively doing stuff, lol. That's when we had to apply for the IP exception.
Old 04-07-2022, 04:32 PM
Large Bat

What makes me concerned about it being reported is that I'm 100% certain I could actually 2box and look more like 2 people than when I play anything with her, haha.
Old 04-07-2022, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

TLDR, OP plans to two box and pretends to have procreated.
Old 04-07-2022, 04:55 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imposter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLDR, OP plans to two box and pretends to have procreated.
Sure, sure. You got me there.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-07-2022, 05:12 PM
Fire Giant

Hahaha ignore the trolls.. My guess is there are probably more folks legitimately playing with their significant others or children with IP exemptions, then there is folks actually trying to pull off boxing..

And it's not strange to just see 2 players sitting around, or only 1 moving.. I think the times you run into dickheads reporting you, is when you maybe are at a camp they traveled for, and they get mad and throw the'ol hail mary by /petition Cgatton is boxing!!!!

But more times than not, you're gonna be safe.. I think the boxing test is both characters have to perform figure 8's or something.. They are all movement based tests. But yeah you will be given a fair trial.
Old 04-07-2022, 05:13 PM
Fire Giant

TLDR- If you just don't want to deal with chumps false reporting you, just stay off the beaten paths and insanely popular camps. That would be my advice...
Old 04-07-2022, 05:15 PM
Large Bat

She plays a ton of Minecraft, so I *assume* she can pass something like that, lol.
Old 04-07-2022, 05:26 PM
Banned

stopped reading at "boxing"