Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 01:33 AM
Kobold

Default A few necromancer questions

Hi all,

Im starting a necro alt, so would like to ask a few questions pls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1) Feign Death mechanism: Monk's FD success rate depends on their skills, so what about necromancers? Is the success rate dependent on any of their skills, or is it just a random pass - fail chance?

2) Does FD kill pets and break charm? If it does break charm, will the mob be mem wiped or will it agro the necromancer (even when its in FD)

3) Is there any "tunic" like armor wearable by Iksar necromancers that isnt too expensive (like around a few hundred pp at most)? Just wanna have a non robe looking armor to wear.

4) Can iksar necro train in freeport? Or do I need to raise my faction first before being able to train?

Thanks
Last edited by Galaa; 04-07-2012 at 01:51 AM..
Old 04-07-2012, 02:08 AM
Sarnak

1. Necro and SK FD based on channeling skill (higher channeling reduces "soandso has fallen to the floor" failures).

2. FD Does not kill summoned pets but will break charm. Most of the time, Mob memory will be wiped and. Mob will re-agro if DoT is still in session after you get up from FD or if it kills your pet after you get up. Mobs have a chance to remember you after you get up from FD, moreso if they are over level 50. FD will also clear your damage record.

3. Chittin Shell Armor, Bone Legplates, Kobold Boots, Helm of Rile. I get confused as SK and Shm all the time, even with pet up.

4. Why bother? You can bank in freeport once you have invis, you wont have need to train at all and really shouldnt be leaving kunark until after 16 or 20, kurns is THAT good.
Last edited by Glasken; 04-07-2012 at 02:10 PM..
Old 04-07-2012, 02:09 AM
Fire Giant

its not reliable as monk FD by long shot due to a few things
has cast time
can fizzle
can be interuppted

those three are based off your skill in abjuration i believe

also you can fail cast and just fall to the floor essentially. All of this stuff sucks its definetly a good tool to break a camp but i always found gate a more effective oshit button
Old 04-07-2012, 02:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by godbox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its not reliable as monk FD by long shot due to a few things
has cast time
can fizzle
can be interuppted

those three are based off your skill in abjuration i believe
Cast time is not affected by anything.
Fizzle is affected by both both your skill and the corresponding Specialization.
Being interuppted is affected by Channeling which is a separate skill.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Fire Giant

FD has always broken charm when I've tried it. It won't kill your summoned pet, though, and you can still give it commands.

Feign death does wipe out the "credit" you have for damaging the mob before and while you're feigned, though. With the current exp mechanics, this means that if you feign in the middle or towards the end of a fight, your pet will eat most of the exp from that kill unless you dismiss it or throw in a few nukes.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Kobold

I think your pet might die if you stay feigned for too long - like 20 minutes or something. The difficult thing with necro feigning is that your pet can still keep aggro, and then pass that aggro on to you - even if you are feigned. In other words, if you feign and your pet still has aggro, then you still have aggro too.

If you AND your pet have aggro, then the safest thing you can do is to kill the pet and then feign. You can make one of your hotkeys do this if you want an "oh crap" button.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Banned

if you keep pet back and out of agro while pulling, and then FD leaving mobs standing near you and your pet, will pet get agro?
Old 04-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Kobold

I think they ignore your pet in that situation. But it can be surprisingly difficult to feign and get your pet disengaged. A big problem is that you can't do any pet commands while you are casting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] So you have to stand still and then spend a couple of seconds casting your feign spell, and if you take just one hit in that time, then the pet will get aggro and it ruins your feign. That's when it's good to kill the pet.

But it's ok if the mob is snared or you have very fast run speed, because if you can get some distance, and you can spam "pet back off" and then stop and cast your feign without being hit, then you are safe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The only exception is if the mob is casting a spell which hits you after you feign. Later when they added Alternative Advancement they gave the ability to set pets to not attack, it made things a lot easier! But this is old shool.

Also there may be an issue with your dots, if the dots still tick after you have stood up from feigning, the mob might still come back for you. But my memory is fuzzy with all this, it's been several years [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Very challenging and exciting class to play though.
Last edited by batkiller; 04-07-2012 at 09:13 PM..
Closed Thread