Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: When should green reset?
As soon as possible 221 63.32%
March 16th 86 24.64%
>4 Months from now 42 12.03%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2023, 06:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkennewbie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not just do:

1 - Blue/Green Merge Like intended. Congratulations we have a "Season" Setup. Every 3 years your characters get merged to Blue and that is the master server or a new Teal server that is the perma merge server?

2 - Restart Green March OR Create Server now and state the First patch will be delayed until original time of release(April 6). This will allow patches to keep up with real time line AND not make some people feel they are just leveling characters on a server being merged.

In all actually I wish they were allowed to do some "custom" edits to the game. New Quests/New made up bosses. So there is some challenge and when your character gets merged you still have something else to look for. (Nothing extreme, holiday events and such but only ever allowed on blue)

How about erasing all green characters and leaving blue alone !! Why save the characters if most if not all will just re-roll on the new p99TLP.
Old 01-08-2023, 10:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragontx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about erasing all green characters and leaving blue alone !! Why save the characters if most if not all will just re-roll on the new p99TLP.
Cause blue is beta and probably should be purged. I deleted all my stuff on it.

This non-logic you use is bad. Just because you want to build up a character with a fresh start on a non-beta version of p99, doesnt mean you want to get rid of it later.

Blue is a cess pool but at this point, I just don't care. I want some fresh green.

Old 01-08-2023, 10:34 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragontx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some people may want to play that character again. Just like some games that do "seasons" where your character is delete or pushed to another server, people still play that master server. Some enjoy it, some use it as testing.

The issue I can see in the long run though is you are limited on how many characters per server. So the merge would and could cause corruption of data issues. So Teal may be the best bet and in the future all other Greens will be "Select who to transfer" and than it merges that character and after a year deletes the old server for remake.
Old 01-08-2023, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Because the goal of this place is to emulate classic, and live EQ never deleted characters.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-09-2023, 12:00 AM
Skeleton

I mean to be honest, it doesn't matter. The Staff will do what they feel is best and so far nothing has been announced or mention its all speculation. We just have to patiently wait till they decide to ether tell us or do it. I hope they would tell us soon like is it worth leveling a character on green atm or just wait till their new release?
Old 01-09-2023, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Checking in to see if any updates on new server. It's becoming increasingly hard for me to play these days when new server is imminent.
Old 01-09-2023, 12:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Talk about hyperbole. 89 votes is not a majority of anything, its a tiny percentage of the player base of green, most of whom are too busy w/ life and actually playing on green to bother with the forums.

I vote never. I never want to see another start up server nor would i feel any need to jump on one. It was hilarious but not fun last time. If your idea of fun is watching hundreds of players camping every individual spawn point in zones like nektulos, then a new server is for you. Its a sight to see, that's for sure.
Old 01-09-2023, 12:36 PM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malikail [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Talk about hyperbole. 89 votes is not a majority of anything, its a tiny percentage of the player base of green, most of whom are too busy w/ life and actually playing on green to bother with the forums.

I vote never. I never want to see another start up server nor would i feel any need to jump on one. It was hilarious but not fun last time. If your idea of fun is watching hundreds of players camping every individual spawn point in zones like nektulos, then a new server is for you. Its a sight to see, that's for sure.
Lol this time period/situation you just described probably lasted less than a week....

Stay strong my friends! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-10-2023, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

You mean when should Orange Server Launch? No idea. this year? next year? i mean i just fkin got my epic and level 60 on green, let me simmer in it for a bit you gd pixel fiends.
Old 01-10-2023, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

the sooner they merge the better