Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 09:46 AM
Orc

Oh, right. Good point. A second server with an express cyclical wipe schedule is definitely the way to go. And with that, I'm going to bow out of this thread. That's a different discussion than policing the raid scene here, so we're just derailing at this point.

Also, my account is 2 years old. I have a level 43 bard and a level 35 SK on this server (yes, both hybrids). I generally only play in the cold weather months and my playtime is already starting to taper off this season. I'm exactly the player you describe, and I'm fully in favor of a wipe. And frankly, it's because I barely play that I don't care if I lose all my stuff.
Last edited by Basenji; 03-11-2015 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: Typos
Old 03-11-2015, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basenji [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, right. Good point. A second server with an express cyclical wipe schedule is definitely the way to go. And with that, I'm going to bow out of this thread. That's a different discussion than policing the raid scene here, so we're just derailing at this point.

Also, my account is 2 years old. I have a level 43 bard and a level 35 SK on this server (yes, both hybrids). I generally only play in the cold weather months and my playtime is already starting to taper off this season. I'm exactly the player you describe, and I'm fully in favor of a wipe. And frankly, it's because I barely play that I don't care if I lose all my stuff.
I'd be in favor of something like that. As far as derailing this thread, discussions like this never amount to anything. The staff's gonna do what the staff's gonna do. It's in the wrong forum at any rate.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallyVee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Surely this is hyperbole, and you realize some simply raid for fun, literally for the fun of group play? Honestly, I'd raid even if I never got a single item drop, ever. It really is a valid gaming goal, the experience rather than the progress derived.
Are you a pumpkin?
Scientist - 37 ROG
Old 03-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Sarnak

This is silly, because it penalizes a guild more for being around for a long time. That just doesn't make sense to me.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Disband all guilds. Problem solved.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:17 PM
Sarnak

Permanently ban accounts involved in multiple infractions.

Problem will solve itself.

Also, a dude.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Dumb idea.

Especially considering over half the suspensions are completely ridiculous and overturned.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:06 PM
Sarnak

I don't know much about the raid scene, but from what you guys all say, they have it lucky here. Not only in most MMOs and including classic Everquest, some of the continuing grief in the end game scene and breaking of the rules would result in your accounts being banned by now. Not really relevant to what the OP is requesting, but kind of funny considering the constant rule breaking without real punishment.
Closed Thread